Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom: "Wanna come back to us?"

Options
  • 08-04-2003 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I had an Eircom employee waiting for me when I got home from work today! He had called earlier and was told I'd be home. He said he was in the area, so he'd call back. And he did!

Anyway, he was chasing up people who had changed phone company from Eircom. Essentially he wanted to know why. I told him - ASTRONOMICAL costs!!!! When I told him that I was now only paying €29 a month to UTVIP, he couldn't argue with me. He just left.

What was interesting to see was the sheets of names of people who had left. You could hardly see any white on the page due to all the names!!...:D

Seems he was going to be in the area for the next few days because of all the people who had left!

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

Eircom: "Wanna come back to us?"

no!

(*insert expleative here)

wormhole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I received my fourth winback call from them last week. This time it was from a cheerful manager who introduced himself by name and not the ususual call centre kid.

I was all set to counter the usual vague promises of an Eircom flat rate with a polite request to unsplit my line as I usualy connected at 14.4kbps with them (as opposed to 19.2-21.6 with UTV), but there was no mention. All I got was a cheerful ''ah yes UTVip are brilliant for the internet'' and as I was a heavy user who didn't make many other calls I'd obviously be better off with them! :rolleyes:

I didn't even have to argue. No mention of an Eircom package at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I thought eircom had to unencumber your line if you were using another telco like UTVip ?

Surely you can't be on a split line if your with UTVip..

Muck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by LoBo
    I thought eircom had to unencumber your line if you were using another telco like UTVip ?
    As far as I can tell, the regulations forcing Eircom to unencumber a line only applies to operators operating under LLU rules. Check with UTV or ComReg for confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by LoBo

Surely you can't be on a split line if your with UTVip..

Muck?

If you ask for a new line then yes...they may not split it.

1. Ask for new line, get number IMMEDIATELY
    2. Sign up to UTV IMMEDIATELY you have number
    3. Now you are a UTVIP customer before the physical installation is complete. Eircom cannot split this line....or if they do , Comreg can make them unplit and provision new copper for you.

They must also remove the crap if you get an LLU service.

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

As well as the phone calls they’ve also taken the step of sending me provider change forms, which I’ve neither requested, nor want. How many times do Eircom have to contact you before it becomes harassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yes, I would like to know where we stand. I am averaging a call or an actual visit a month from Eircom. I keep telling them that I am not doing anything until ADSL is available.

"Oh yes, you should have that in the Summer" they tell me, when I ask them for a written guarantee, they crumble (I live out in the sticks of Enfield, BTW, so I am not holding out any hope before 2005).

It is becoming annoying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Muck

3 simple emails to get rid of the Winback scum. Thats well worth it IMO

M

I mailed them ages ago about this, all I got was a 'we're looking into it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep had this happen last week as well :)

So I held him at the door and roasted him for over half an hour over my costs etc and the fact that Eircom have been so short sighted re. internet access specifically. (Yes I do know it was mean but hell he'll make sure I'm tagged as trouble so they won't come back next time!).

Then bless his little soul he asked if I wanted to come back and I replied "only if you refund me the thousands I've been overcharged trying to use the internet over your lines". He then went away :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I've only had one call. But I did go one better and say (gleefully) that I wouldn't come back even if they DID refund all the money I'd paid them over the years.

"Can I get somebody to call you back?"

"I'd rather never be contacted by the company ever again actually."

Never heard another word. Heh. I think the girl I was talking to could tell I was desperate to start laughing. She didn't push me too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

When I answered the first three winback calls I got dead air until I'd given quite a few 'hellos''. Maybe they were just hoping I'd put the phone down and save them the bother of going through the motions...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi Lads

I have had two phones calls, one provider change form, and one visitor to my parents home (live at home had the old lad change to UTVip lite).

My parents don't have a clue what they are on about.

We never have contacted them to win us back but they sent out a letter thanking us for our recent enquire on comming back with an attached provider change form.

Can they keep doing this?

I don't blame the half trained reps calling they are only doing their job.

But when should i give out about it.

Eóin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I never had any "physical" visits, but my phone rang incessantly 4 or 5 times a day. Whenever I was in & answered, all I got was a busy tone.

Phoned the number back one day & roasted the errorcon peep on the other end. I asked for my # to be removed from their crappy dialer & lo & behold - no calls since!

Did receive a "return to errorcon" form in the post a few days later though, but I assume that was in the system before I called them.

Dreadful tactics by them IMHO. Can't get DSL in Limerick either (from UTV when available) - the Caherdavin exchange isn't even listed for upgrading :mad:

Getting approx 220kbs (d/l) via satellite, but between the line rental to errorcon & €30 to UTV & €33 to sat provider p/m, it's fiercely expensive. My m8 in the UK has DSL for £12.99 p/m.

+ some bugger's been in my garden shed tonight & nicked some rather expensive gear.

Life's a bitch :(

Advertisement