Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-stream solo to starter question

Options
  • 08-04-2003 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Okay we have these new "cheap"(used in the loosest possible sense of the word) dsl products coming to the market in a few days. For existing customers of the older dsl services who want to change to another option how much more money will the rat want to take from us to switch? or(i know its a pretty damn long shot) will it cost us nothing? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

it will it cost you nothing!! just ring em...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    Okay we have these new "cheap"(used in the loosest possible sense of the word) dsl products coming to the market in a few days. For existing customers of the older dsl services who want to change to another option how much more money will the rat want to take from us to switch? or(i know its a pretty damn long shot) will it cost us nothing? :)

Although I desperately need DSL, I have decided to delay my decision for a month to allow other suppliers to launch their products _ I have good reason to believe they will materialise.
    If I can avoid Eircom I definitely want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by god's toy
    it will it cost you nothing!! just ring em...

see here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/pending.pdf
    Page 15 note no. 5

Upgrades or downgrades to existing eircom i-stream access levels shall incur
    additional connection charges. Monthly rental charges for upgraded or
    downgraded eircom i-stream access shall be based on the charges for the
    revised bandwidth.

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn1_pt20.pdf
    Page 1 note no. 5

Upgrades or downgrades to existing eircom i-stream access levels shall not
    incur additional connection charges. Monthly rental charges for upgraded or
    downgraded eircom i-stream access shall be based on the charges for the
    revised bandwidth.

Quite a subtle difference.

The term “additional connection charges” is fuzzy to say the least. Does it mean paying the “Standard connection charge” or the “Self-install charge” or another un-documented fee? Finally can the “access level” be changed to the new starter package before Friday 11th when these new regulations are brought into being and not incur the penalty looking for better value from an already over-priced service?

Yours Mr. Stuart Kenny.

that bees my email sent earlier today. sent to an address muck supplied in another thread. the buck was passed to another person as they didnt know about the dsl. surprizingly the buck stopped.
    Mr. Kenny,

In response to your question below current customers will be allowed to downgrade from solo to starter for the first three months from the launch of eircom i-stream starter free of charge. After that time customers will be charged a downgrade, however this exact fee has still to be decided.

I will investigate the inconsistency to which you refer below, but I hope the above satisfactorily answers your question. You can call 1800 503 303 to downgrade to eircom i-stream starter free of charge from Friday 11th.

To coincide with the launch of new eircom i-stream starter we are increasing the download capacity of our existing eircom i-stream products. See detail below

Old Download New Download
    Allowance Allowance
    eircom i-stream solo: 3GB 6GB
    eircom i-stream multi 6GB 10GB

If you would like any further information please call me at xxx xxx.

Mella Moore

im surprised i got a reply this soon with useful information.

Advertisement