Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Eircom want any business??

Options
  • 08-04-2003 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

I ordered ADSL from Eircom on the 21st March. They were due to install today....

Well on Saturday I rang them to confirm the installation. The biddy who took the call told me there was nobody there to check and to ring back on monday.

I rang at 12:00 on monday to confirm this, they could not find any record of my order, after holding for a few minutes they told me they would ring me back in the next 15 mins.

At 2:00 after receiving no contact from Eircom, I rang them back. After being transferred from person to person they told me that there was no supervisor available and they would ring me back in the next half hour.

At 3:30 STILL after no call I rang back and asked to speak to a supervisor immediatly. I was passed on to the girl who took my order, she told me there was a problem and that she would call me back before close of business (5:00)

At 4:42 I received a call saying that due to the fact that they would have to constuct a virtual pathway at the exchange they would not be able carry out my installation tommorrow... After much venting as to the sheer incompetence of Eircom, they agreed to ring me the next morning to give me an update.

At 4:53 I received another call from a different agent at eircom, informing me of the same situation. (Some communication from a communications company) I asked them when they would have this virtual pathway built, they said tommorow, the day my installation was scheduled for. They would have to wait for a cancellation to carry out my installation, or wait another 10 days...

Today at 12:01 at the end of morning and with no telephone call from Eircom, I rang them. I got the same bull****, the same "well I'm very sorry you feel that way" attitude. The upshot is, I took tuesday and wednesday off work to have this installed. And only due to a cancellation I am now pencilled in for Thursday morning, I'll believe it when I see it.

After all this I feel the following:

1. I don't believe Eircom have to build a virtual pathway, I think they lost my application and took 5 hours to fob me off.

2. I am shocked that Eircom refused to offer any gesture of goodwill for the hassle caused.

3. Living in Santry, If anybody else could provide me with broadband I would take them up rather than call Eircom.

I did receive the contact details of the guy to contact at Eircom regarding complaints though :

Peter Clerkin
    Hamann Building
    O'Connell St
    Dublin 1

I'll be writing in a letter to him. At the moment I just fell Eircom are a shower of CU*NTS!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's not that they don't want business. It's that their utter bastards.

Why roll out broadband when that would cost them money and they'd get less money from you. Dialup charged by the minute is a ****ing goldmine. They get 80 euro a month off me for a 33k line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Well since I seem to be the resident Via fanboy I'd say at least give them a call and see what they're like. If you passed your line test for Eircom then you can use Via and the lack of a stupidly long contract and connection cap suggests that their by far the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Well I rang VIA on monday, it was about 5:15 and they had left. I left a message on their voice mail, but hey - no answer back from them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    It's not that they don't want business. It's that their utter bastards.

Why roll out broadband when that would cost them money and they'd get less money from you. Dialup charged by the minute is a ****ing goldmine. They get 80 euro a month off me for a 33k line.
    I agree with this. They already have your business whether you like it our not. Very few people have the option of cutting them out altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Hey James you gotta take the initiative. Just ring them through their standard number and you should get through first time every time like I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

if it makes you feel any better I reported a fault on an ISDN line and was told an engineer would get right back to me. That was about a month ago. Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I assume you still have the fault...

Advertisement