Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way to get broadband in this country?

Options
  • 08-04-2003 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I'll make this as short as I can. Well before Xmas,I got a line check done for DSL. After ringing back 5-7times, Asking ADSLNow.ie to run tests, I finally passed the test for DSL. 13-14 weeks ago I sent off my application form for DSL. Over the peroid of 3 weeks I resent a few forms 2-3 times, and finally I was told I'd be contacted by a technician within a week or so. 2 weeks passed,I ring back and Im told its not in their hands any more, and to wait a bit longer. Another 2 weeks pass, and Im getting impatient. I ring again and Im told I'll be contacted within the hour. No call came. A week later, I ring up and ask whats going on,being a bit firmer this time. The rep on the phone tries to get in contact with some other people, but to no avail, and she says to ring back next week and she'll have some info for me. So I ring back next week,and she tells me its out of her hands. then on the 13th weeks,im told once again its out of their hands, so I ring comreg. They write a letter to esat, and told me to get back to them if esat dont contact me within 10 days. This was on monday last week. Then on friday, Esat ring and get my home phone number off me. Then just this morning at 9:15,before I head out the door,they ring me.

"Hi,can I speak to Mr.Hayes please"
    "This is him"
    "Hi,This is *forget her name* from esatBT, Im contacting you in regards to a letter sent to us by comreg in your name.."

Finally,Some progress Im thinking.
    "Well,We've checked and double checked our records, and we havent had any DSL enquiries from you whatsoever, We can send you out an application form..."
    Im pretty sure she heard me screaming from inside, but instead I say "No, I've already gave all my info 2-3 times to Ethna, I've been dealing with her all this time,get everything you need off her"
    "Ethna is it? Ok I'll contact her. Thanks a million, bye."

I have to ask,is it actually possible to get DSL in this country? Im going mad here, is there anything I can do?

Honestly, I actually had to scream when I got off the phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

This is a truly fabulous product IF you can get it. The lowest contention ratio in Ireland, guaranteed by ESAT's own ineptitude. Ouch!!!

ADSLnow.ie are a reseller of ESAT DSL only.Regrettably, they are a channel partner to ESAT Business......not ESAT Residential.

You ordered an ESAT Residential Product through an ESAT Business channel partner. The products are kept entirely separate within ESAT . Una Mc Girr , their ever helpful Director of Corporate Communications (Email una.mcgirr@esat.com ) will tell you why the Residential product can not be sold by the Business section and vice versa. She may even help you personally, one can but ask (post the whole thread in to your mail, she is rarely seen in here) .

Going direct to ESAT and bypassing ADSLnow.ie is equally scary and totally pointless now you are so close which is why ESAT have around 1 Residential Customer per Residential Exchange , see this Thread about it.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

no, I got the same runaround from esat last december
    i dont believe in DSL anymore,
    anyone that says they have it is part of the conspiracy against me,

As Ash once said,
    "It's a trick, Get an axe"

this applies to all things..................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Be grateful that you didn't sign up to a e100+ package when e50+ packages are available now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

thegills - u can downgrade your package with no fee ??

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

i got the same crap from esat aswell, was signed up by a esat rep and 5 months l8r i am signing up for eircom.

esats biggest problem seems to be the are letting fools do all their selling and not looking after it themselves

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I don't think ESAT want to sell their residential package. They've done no marketing, I've seen no ads. It's overpriced for half the speed of normal DSL. They're a joke. It's one thing having one completely useless telecoms company in the country but for the 2 main ones to be just as usesless as each other has to be a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

No update as of yet
    Honestly,Im willing to ask the bookies if they've any odds I can bet on me not getting DSL within the next 6months

Advertisement