Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freeware prog to monitor eircom data cap!

Options
  • 07-04-2003 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

for those of you who might want it, heres a prog you can use along with raspppoe to monitor your data transfer over a connection.

Handy with the eircom cap I guess

get it (while its free!): here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Just the mention of the word cap makes me angry :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

well i guess you can go over 4gb if you feel the need :)

i heard some unsubstaniated rumours that eircom usually dont charge you the extra unless you are taking the piss going over

again, rumour!

Currently, they havent charged anyone (to the best of my knowledge). This is fair enough. But it's the fact the they insist on including a cap at all, particularly a ridiculously low one, that really irritates me....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

dumeter is a similar program. I have it running all the time. Very handy.

This is a nets/comms/broadband thread tbh, but i suppose there may be a few here unaware of such programs.

Hmm, on second thoughts its been at least 10 mins since weve had a cap/bandwith hog/SET MY DATA FREE argument, so ill move it at the first sign of that old chestnut

Hmm, on second thoughts its been at least 10 mins since weve had a cap/bandwith hog/SET MY DATA FREE argument, so ill move it at the first sign of that old chestnut
    :p:D:p

I was just having that argument in the cantene with one of the lads, hence my eagerness to vent :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

i was on to eicrom tech support and they guarenteed me that with the new product (the 4GB rASDL) you will definately be charged for going over the cap, the guy (yeh i forgot to get his name) also said that eircom hadn't charged anyone for going over the 3GB cap before but with this one eircom are putting a meter (ie. dumeter etc) on their website so that you can keep track of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

There are loads of proggies available to tell you if you have gone over any lilits. But why the hell should we be limited?

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Slightly risking going off topic but does anybody know of a DSL router that would have a program similar to DU Meter builtin?

TIA,

carbsy.

P.S. Or do most routers have such auditing features?

Advertisement