Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV broadband?

Options
  • 07-04-2003 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heard anything recently? I know there was someone from there floating around the boards a few months back...
    Anyway i just sent them an email reminding them about Eircons new package and how wise it would be to at least announce plans something around the same time. Then we might hold off on Eircons crap package. As it is i want broadband soon.. but i want it for Gaming more than anything.. bah...
    I know its not the best, BUT i will see how it goes for gaming when it comes out before i get it.. but i would rather wait for UTV. Or IBB whoever gets to me first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

If your a UTVip user, there newgroup utv.chat and utv.support are a good place to bother them about this. We are actively campaigning this there. Nothing from them as of yet. Well as Carl Stinson says "their biz guys are working hard on it", he actually said last nite that eircom hadn't actually given them a reseller document that outlines costs/technologies etc that are needed to actually get the ball moving on an ADSL product.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No im not a UTV.IP user, I was holding off for broadband :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Any way of logging on to these newsgroups without being on utv?
    I tried searching google groups but doesnt seem to be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Sorry but what is the address of the UTV news server ? I'm on utvip didnt know I could use news groups!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

news.utvinternet.com ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

To access utv news you need to be dialled in through UTV. They only carry their own two groups and some (very few) others. They do not have a full news feed.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

we have the Irish newsgroups here (in the navigation under Boards.ie >> Newsgroups). Might ask the UTV lads to stream us their newsgroups too... (dunno if they have an external stream of it).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Only ones I can see are utv.chat and utv.support if thats any help.

OHP

Originally posted by p2p
    Any way of logging on to these newsgroups without being on utv?
    I tried searching google groups but doesnt seem to be there?
    Far as I can see you cannot access UTV so called newsgroups if your not a UTV account holder/user.

OHP

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Sorry but what is the address of the UTV news server ? I'm on utvip didnt know I could use news groups!
    Well this is what works for me:
    ie-news.utvinternet.com
    Hope that helps,

OHP

• Advertisement
Advertisement