Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line test results: Combination not recognised?

Options
  • 07-04-2003 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

After ringing the 1800 number and asking for my line to be tested, i got a fail, but the woman on the line said it wasnt a complete fail, it was a "combination not recognised" and that more than likely i would pass after the 11th? does anyone know what this means? I live in galway and im on the shantalla exchange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It may mean that they are updating the line test to take into account the new RADSL product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

The Data on the program used for testing the Line is not the same as there main Database (ISIS)

a couple of reasons for this is that its a new PSTN line
    or
    your info was put down incorrectly .

The Database is updated each thursday afternoon and the Results will come out on Monday evening so call again tuesday morning But also make sure that the 1800 woman adds your acc details so that is updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 GillyS

I got the 'combination not recognised' reply when I rang up initially as well. However, I just got a call this morning to say my line has now passed, might be worth giving them another call...

Gilly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

thanks guys,

Ill give em a bell and see what the story is now?
    and post it back here.
    sean

Advertisement