Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veiled threat from Bertie?

Options
  • 05-04-2003 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

Irish Times today

"In a keynote statement of the Government's economic policy, Mr Ahern said high inflation and slower productivity had created "vulnerabilities" in the Republic's economy and "difficult challenges" for the future.........................
    "Mr Ahern said the Government was particularly committed to "a proper communications infrastructure", warning communications providers that "obstructionist or anti-competitive policies" would not be tolerated in this effort."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

This is Bertie ... I'll believe it when I see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

The attitude change at DoCOMM and COMREG seemed to suggest this, hope its going to continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Talk is cheap. I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Ironically talk is actually quite expensive in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

isnt that what they said last year?

and the year before that?

and.......... etc etc...

its all just a popularity contest to them.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by nahdoic
    Ironically talk is actually quite expensive in this country.

lol!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Met him briefly last week.... he'd probably say anything to gain support, really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by zynaps
    he'd probably say anything to gain support, really :)

aka a politician?

Advertisement