Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... ex-trialists and eircom briefing their staff.....

Options
  • 03-04-2003 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Well, I rang eircom today, they insisted on getting my number off me and ringing me back, presuamably for records purposes and so they know to bug me in the future.

I spoke to someone called Kevin anyway and asked him some things about the starter kit.

I told him how I was told after the trial that I wouldn't have to pay installation or pay for a modem, seem this is no longer the case. Especially if you use the starter pack.....

Apparently the starter pack actually costs 99euro a month and he made no mention of VAT. Also since it is a "pack" you apparently HAVE to buy a modem off eircom. Also strangely enough he claimed that the charge was neccessary because my line had to be switched on, I told him it was already activated (it will still sync with a dsl modem, I just don't have a valid l/p), he went off to check, came back changed subject and told me I had to buy the modem again.

Her also mentioned that the solo pack was 199euro. pld.

Anyone else end up with similar stories? e.g. starter pack is 99 euro a month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Trial ended almost a year ago. They may have withdrawn the offer in that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    Trial ended almost a year ago. They may have withdrawn the offer in that time.
    Actually I styill have the email somewhere, almost positive it didn't have any expiry date, I'll have a dig. BUt of course a change in policy on eircom's behalf be it begrudgingly or not wouldn't be a suprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I swear they just make stuff up as they go along. See this thread about lodging a complaint about the "pack" modem.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

It is a fact that eircom customer service reps WILL make up stuff as they go along just to get rid of you. I used to always ring back until one of them made up the answer I wanted. :D

Don't take any of it to be law. Send an email or something but make sure that he/she was telling the truth. Check with someone who knows.

Remember that the eircom reps, in the end, do not give two flying fnucks whether you are satisfied or not, they just want you off the line so they can take x amount of calls per day and get paid. I've seen the set-up and it's unfathomably woeful.

And I think we've all experienced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by Jorinn
    I spoke to someone called Kevin anyway and

Dealt with him (or someone with the same name) and he came across as a bit of a know all who answered questions almost before they were asked. Turned out he was wrong on a number of counts.

Where did that 99 sheckles come from? Neither www.adsl.ie nor the VAT inclusive home isdn pages of the eircom website show €99 as the monthly fee for that package. Is he talking about the current situation or the post 11th april situation?

Like Muck says, phone and ask for either Emily or Liam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Actually I styill have the email somewhere, almost positive it didn't have any expiry date, I'll have a dig. BUt of course a change in policy on eircom's behalf be it begrudgingly or not wouldn't be a suprise.

There was an expiry date on the offer. I remember cos it influenced my decision to get solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by Dustaz
    There was an expiry date on the offer. I remember cos it influenced my decision to get solo.
    Really, when was it?

Hmm, sorry that sounds a bit sarcastic reading over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Really, when was it?

Hmm, sorry that sounds a bit sarcastic reading over it.

Was it not a case of take up the ADSL offer or give the modem back?
    And if you gave the modem back your line was put back to normal and you forfited all rights to the free modem+connection.
    I think you had to sign up immedietly.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭neverhappen

Originally posted by bricks
    Was it not a case of take up the ADSL offer or give the modem back?
    And if you gave the modem back your line was put back to normal and you forfited all rights to the free modem+connection.
    I think you had to sign up immedietly.

Thats my recollection also. "Sign up in the next week or give it all back".

Advertisement