Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost and Stolen dept.!!

Options
  • 03-04-2003 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

there isn't one in the college and going by what Delboy_69 just posted there might be a need for one. I know that reception and the SU have something set up but its not very reliable.

Anyways my point is that I have also lost stuff in the college and so I though that if people lost stuff they could post it here and we could keep a colective eye out for the stolen goods.

So, if your property gets its own lets and goes for a trip to the drink link for beer goggle money post it up here and a description of it and we may be able to reel the fecker back home.

I lost a CD pouch, green with the capacity for 20 cds. Each cd space has its own covers and all that, kinda nice. had music CD's and games in it. doubt if anyone has seen it but worth a post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

if i saw it, i probably would of kept it.
    but i didn't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Well then, I just heard buzz talking about a phone they found charging over in the business block. So if anyone lost one...
    If it anybody here I like to point out that Buzz thinks your a cheeky fecker for pluggin it in.

gogo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

The library, SU and the recption have a lost and found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

tom, did u read my part of the thread? I said that, I also said that they did not work very well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thinks its a good idea cause anytime I have lost something in the college I have had to check bout 4 different places to find out none of them had it to be told to check somewhere else,
    Only thing of importance I ever lost was my glasses anyway but I reckon someone nicksed them so they could start fires ands tuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

Snowball, you should have said that although there is one that it ain't very good, instead you said that there wasn't one and then contradicted yourself by saying that the one's there are aren't very good.
    What cds were in it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I've lost my sexy black bag like 3 - 4 times since the start of first year.

In first year I lost my bag with all my notes. I went to lost and found and they hadnt seen it. So I gave the bag up for lost. I tried to move on by using my "brothers" gay bag.

About 3 - 4 months later I got an email saying they had found my bag.

I went into the barrin centre and picked it up. Good as new.

Threw away my gay bag and got on with my life.

The point is, the several lost and found's around the college do what they can. But they are all dependent on people bringing stuff into them. They cant go around patrolling the area for potentially "lost" stuff. Thats called stealing.

Give it time, hope someone hands it in but ultimately if its of any value assume its going to be kept by whomever finds it.

It's as if each section of the college has it's own lost and found department, merging them into some sort of monopoly lost and found station would be the worst thing since microsoft was formed. Cahos would ensue and the destruction of the college would be iminent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

How do u reckon that would happen??
    One central lost and found would be great u loose something you go there have a look if its worth nothin get it back if not they take note,

I'm sorry I seem to have left out the sarcasim tags, I thought they were unnessarry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

I propose Boards invents some sorta new fangled sarcasim tags so peeps will know.

Boards should do it so I dont have to do any work, I think that's perfectly ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Originally posted by Ivan

Threw away my gay bag and got on with my life.

They cant go around patrolling the area for potentially "lost" stuff. Thats called stealing.
    LOL:)

obviously they werent!

/me pleads insanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭ratman

i lost a drawing tube well it's really just a cheap postal
    tube it's brown and the lid is white my name is on the drawings

So good you said it twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭ratman

it keeps happening everytime it press submit reply nothing happens and i press it again and does it twice

Advertisement