Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me Crystals Hurt, the Latest Excuse to Comreg from Vodafone

Options
  • 03-04-2003 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Vodafone have asked for a more relaxed (means MUCH slower) licencing regime for 3G Rollout because of their own scepticism that demand for their 3G service will "Crystallise" until 2005

Of Course, ONLY Vodafone Themselves have any idea of the prices that they intend to charge for these toys when they launch around Christmas 2003. I Bet they forgot to show those particular 'crystals' to Comreg and will be told to feck off in polite regulator speak.

If the product is launched at a reasobnable price you will have no problem with yeer crystals lads, just ask ANYONE in here.

They are some Chancers , but then most of them are ex Eircom and would have long fed at the same pap to coin a new telecommunications term......

It strikes me that Comreg are hearing this béal bocht crap at a very sensitive time when Vodafone are allegedly due to be designated as an operator with Significant Market Power and will have to share Eircoms USO obligation in rural areas at least, we'll hear more on that in the next fortnight or so :D

M

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This is only the frontend of this battle between Vodafone and ComReg, I'd imagine that they're on the phone every bloody day with it, and in every country too for that matter. Their excuses are weak, and getting weaker. I hope ComReg stands firm on this one.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Yeah. They promise the world to get the licence and as soon as they have it try to wangle out of it.

Tough sh*t. The licence demands that they roll out services. It has nothing to do with demand.

If they don't think they can generate enough demand, they should hand back the licence (after paying the appropriate fines). The mechanism is there to allow this.

ComReg needs to hold companies to their licence obligations. Otherwise they will encourage telcos 'sitting' on licences (i.e., the strategic holding of licences), which is a disaster for competition.

Advertisement