Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krav Maga

Options
  • 03-04-2003 11:40am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys, I heard something briefly at the end of a radio show on 2fm or Today fm regarding someone who is now teaching this in Dublin.

Anybody know who this is or where it is?

I wasnt able to get details or location, so this is kind of a shot in the dark..

Ive been interested in this for a while, but until now, the nearest
    place to do this was in the UK or Europe..

In case anybody is wondering what it is, here's the site..

Any help apprectiated... you can pm me or e-mail me here.

Thanks,

Tox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I've heard about it.. but as far as i know you can only do it if you're in the military or the police.. could be wrong tho

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I read something a week or two ago about a club starting up in the city center, damn it I can't remember when, but it was probably in the Irish Times...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

someone said that to me the other day too about it being in one
    of the sunday newspapers..

so im really curious to find out where its going to be..

but alas i cant seem to find anything about it..

i even rang the radio station I heard it on and the girl on the
    other end was unhelpful to put it mildly and damn right rude..
    :confused:

Ahh well, guess I wont be finding out until they start advertising

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Hi ToxicPaddy,

I've PMed you the details of the ad in the Irish Times.

Happy hunting.

Earthhorse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

can you post the details here?, I fink there are quite a few people interested in finding out more about this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I rang that number a few times and all I got was an answering service. I left a messege a number of times and he hasnt got back to me yet..

So as of yet, still no luck..

But the search shall continue and I will keep you all posted..

Tox

Success at last..

Krav Maga in Ireland

Would people be willing to form a group of our own and ask him
    to do private classes?

If so, let me know here and we can arrange something.

Tox

Latest Update...

The classes are starting this month (May)..

Options available are:

2 day intensive course in mid June or 12 x 2 hour classes starting end of May.

The problem is the cost...

Its €375 and a €35 deposit up front.. now to me that seems a bit excessive..

if they have 20 students at that, the have made €7000 for 24 hours work.. nice if you can get it, but not so nice if you are paying it..

I can get private Tae Kwon Do lessons, one to one for €20 an hour..

What do you think guys??

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I had a look at the link on your website, and the course sounds interesting , how ever my interest would be severly diminshed by the cost which to my mind is very prohibitive, but I would express a general interest in getting a group together for the weekend course. I think I would llike to have a little more information to hand before parting with this amount of cash

Well have a look at here to find out more about Krav Maga itself...

I havent heard of this guy before to be honest and Im thinking of
    e-mailing the Krav Maga association in the US and see if they have heard of him.

I know its getting a lot of publicity due to the article in one of the national newspapers and the topic being discussed on a radio show a while back, but the price for what is essentially a martial art, is a bit high and I would hate to be ripped off by some guy who claims to be a registered trainer in this area but is nothing more than someone out running a scam...

So if anyone knows anything about this guy, let me know please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Cheers I had a look at the site

Advertisement