Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting stuff

Options
  • 02-04-2003 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Who agrees that the canteen food it disgacefully overpriced i know we've had this discussion before but i'm really_pissed off I got charged 7euro the other day for 2 measly bits of chicken and a pint of milk and 15cent for buter or sauce. They should be brought to court for robbery:

I had to call it interesting or no-one would look at it:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

U got me with the interesting bit:)

Do u really have notin better to do then spam boards?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

U got me with the interesting bit:)

Do u really have notin better to do then spam boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭ratman

no this is about all my life amounts to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Delboy_69

has there not been about 90 bazillion threads about the food already? Ah well one more cant hurt. I don't eat there anymore, it's not because of the price it's because I don't have a job and thus no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

i am not gonna add to this thread as it has all been said already and things got outta hand and stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭lulu

I have to say i agree with you more than ever ratman, if anyone eat the chicken in the canteen today look away now!!!!!!

I happen to get chicken and chips today and the chicken was PINK!!! I brought it back up to the chef and was told that it was just the colour of the rasher that was on it had soaked into it. Ye right pull the other one.

But how and ever was told i could get my money back and he gave me a plate of chips and he told the manageress to give me my money back.

Not so bad to far.

What did this woman with the manner of a dog do!! She deducted the price of the chips from what i had paid for the PINK chicken!! and then had the cheek to charge me for a vinegar.

I am disgusted, have to say i feel sick already, but have learnt my lesson am never eating out of there again, hope they have a queue of people in the morning getting sick over their chicken with big claims in!!!

lulu:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

And we're off!!!

seriously it was really pukey pink colour. It was rotten lookin.

gogo

aahhhh what ever doesn't kill ya will only make you stronger!

Wait your not death right???.............right???

argh why won't you answer me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by lulu
    I happen to get chicken and chips today and the chicken was PINK!!! I brought it back up to the chef and was told that it was just the colour of the rasher that was on it had soaked into it. Ye right pull the other one.
    sorry to dissapoint you but he was right. When you wrap bacon or put bacon ontop of chicken the mean looks pink or reddish. The thing with the money is a ****ing joke then. you should have got all ur money back and maybe paid for the chips. Its a pitty about the sauces but I suppose if people did not abuse it and waste the saucs when they were free it would be a different story

Oh yeah, Rat... u like less than 5mins from the college, why don't u go home and cook food for ur self? its also cheaper

• Advertisement

CooK??? are you mad?? oh wait i forgot your qualified chef! its not a problem for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Pot noodles and pizza are about as far as my gastronomic abilities go!

its not actualy that dificult guys. u get a few spuds and a bit of chicken. bang the chicken in the oven for 30 mins, boil the spuds (clean em 1st), and fry some veg if u want it

and its so much cheaper. you can feed your self at home for about 2 - 3 weeks (depending on how well u shop) or so for about the same money u used to eat here for a week.

Originally posted by Snowball
    Oh yeah, Rat... u like less than 5mins from the college, why don't u go home and cook food for ur self? its also cheaper

i'm disapointed in you dara you've seen my kitchen and you've been in the shanty that we call a house. Could you face cleaning up 3 week old noodles every time you cook. If i was to feed myself at home i'd be up and down to my house every half hour

I can also cook so don't patronize me

well clean it up. its not that deficult. I have been in a place that was just as bad and I just cleaned it up. Took a while but it got done.

And I have no doubt that u can cook, its not that dificult to cook, mostly its just reading recepies from books, eventult u learn the stuff u realy like up mostly its books

I could spend 3 hours cleaning it and give it another few hours and it would be filthy again **** that

thats something u an dthe ppl in ur place need to sort out. if it buggs u man just complain. u have a right to live in somewhere relativly clean if u want to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by ShayK1
    CooK??? are you mad?? oh wait i forgot your qualified chef! its not a problem for you!

brilliant......just brilliant

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I want serving suggestions god damn it.

It's all good

• Advertisement
Advertisement