Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - 02 April '03, Castle Spulzeer cont....

Options
  • 02-04-2003 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Who is up for tonight? Im rearing to go!! Lots of XP to be had in this mod as we say on Monday :D There will hopefully be more tonight as some cant make Mondays

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well i'll be there. Pretty sure lomir will as well.
    We should have BC back too and hopefully Laeus will make an appearance.
    From the sounds of things Flash should be there too.

that'd be 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

yup, i'll be there.
    Typical, the one day I miss and it's a good un.

just to remind people,

be careful about damaging civvies as the factions are a bit stringent. If you annoy an npc, the DM gets angry (not me, the scenario DM - who is crap by the way a real wuss. If he weren't invulnerable I'd've had him) as well as *every* city guard and soldier - and there are quite a few of those.

Killing clerics that are trying ot help you is also a not nice thing seemingly. Also, NPCs give little bits of information that drives the quests. If we have to kill them, we might miss something.

on the bright side, once you die the factions are reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

ill b there lads. Looking forward to some XP and a chance to try out me new axe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

battlingcheese and laeus_ironshard on server. Cannonfodder-Flash is joining now :)

hopefully I can be leveled up at least a bit this time. Sux to instantly die if an enemy uses his hard-stare skill on me :p

cya on server
    - Flash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

That was a good laugh. Bit on the easy side though. Some nice stuff. Me dwarfs still unbeaten in a punch-up :)

yeah, nice session.

Thou one thing really bothers me:
    if battlingcheese didn't give me this remove-curse scroll, I would have had to play the monday-game with -2 on all stats and with 1 less spellslot (and to be honest, I would've just quit if the curse won't disappear)

I have to say I'm pretty pissed off that a teammate uses irreversible spells in a sparring. Brainless, to say the least...

cya
    - Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

It was pretty cool yeah... And the Halbeard i got from Valen was excellent for me too!! Suits me down to the ground :D

As for the disease, curse etc... if any of you have any of these, let me know!! I can remove disease at least, if i cant remove curse all i need to do is learn it from my spellbook and rest then i can cast it! I also have some scrolls.

Best bit was when i put my little over 1k of gold into the pot and got over 8k back... NICE ONE!! :D

If i had not bought my stuff on monday like my amulate of health (immune to everything healthwise) and my lesser belt of guiding light (light but the best bit is immune to fear!) then i could have topped Valens 20K :D

well, enemy spellcasters use curse.... and I have played for a few sessions while cursed. the solution? FIND A CLERIC.

one of the temple healing clerics (actually there was one in the temple which was about twenty feet away). they remove everything when they heal you (and there was one in the starting city that you could use the recall stone to get to, and there is the fact that a dm can remove the effect). it's not as if you were in much danger there.

and on the topic of spellcasters doing nasty things, you cant exactly claim innocense there. I attacked you while under the effect of confusion. (ie: I have no control over my character). I even said I was confused and the little lights were circling my head etc. Without any question, you got up after being healed and melfed me! not exactly fair :)

anyway, on the topic of sparring. We need to be a bit more careful or just dont get into it. Ragnar accidentally killed a civvie last night which set him as a hostile faction to neutrals. Lomir died twice and lost money and, worse, xp. Also there is the waste of healing kits stabilising people who are taking damage and going unconscious. personally I tend to stay out of sparring on the campaign server.

on the topic of the scenario itself.

It was a bit easy for 6 characters all right. Next scenario, i'm gonna try and aim for one about a level or two too high for us.

should be a bit more of a challenge.

• Advertisement

On to sparring... i used every healing spell healing those sparring last night. I even raised someone who had been killed as i can do that (REMEMBER THAT!).

Someone attacked me while healing so i fought back then i think ragnar killed me utterly.. So someone had to use a raise dead scroll which i had bought a load of in the previous mod and passed around.. VERY expensive! So try not to waste them killing us... in other words.. leave me alive as i can bring you all back to life even if you have to respawn.. just pick wait for help. Though a lot of the killing may have happened after i left though so no good there! :D

Oh yeah who is who on the current campaign.. Im Cerano, Lolth is Valen, Flash i think is Jessica... what about the others? Cant remember off hand who is who.. BC possibly is Ragnar or Hebril?

BC is the bard-chick. Can't remember the name thou.

lolth, the melf damaged you. Damage can be healed by resting. I didn't see a possibility to remove the curse (didn't know the priests remove them). Getting cursed by an enemy is one thing, getting cursed by an "ally" is another. Nothing wrong with sparring, but we should keep it to the easily removeable stuff. Now even death ain't a problem as long as we keep saru out of the thing.

cya
    - Flash

edit: don't count on me seeing everything or being able to read everything. I got major gfx-problems due to the damaged radeon-card of mine. In the forest for example, I couldn't see the ground and the "leafs" falling down were black squares :/
    Also, monsters (or players) often just disappear or smear all over the screen for a couple of secs. Additionally, I regularily get "snow" either falling from top to bottom or from bottom to top. Thus, reading the text (if it's displayed correctly) is pretty much a pain in the ass. Hopefully the new card will be here tomorrow :/

but the curse can be removed. (granted, awkward) but if it came to it, I'd log in as Dm and remove it that way. We wouldn't leave you playing a cursed character because of a sparring accident :)

Hebril = lomir = Seldon on the boards

Nela (the bard chick) = BC = Battling cheese on the boards.

Ragnar = Laeus = Squall on the boards

Probably an idea for future characters would be to put our boards ID in the character background space?

next scenario should be Against the giants, a tough scenario with little xp (seemingly). - but no undead! yaaaay.

I'm going to have a look at a few of the other "classic" conversions and see if they are suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I play Nela the female Bard with the yellow tracksuit Saruman

No undead in the next one? bah... they are fun when you are a Cleric... Turn undead is cool./. ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seldon

Ok Look it was me who put the curse on.... we were all sparing and messing about but i have to say anything i cast i can UNDO.

I don't mind the fact i died twice (despite the lose of the gold and the XP), but it the back stabbing thats going on. It there any problems sort it out before we all log out for the night.

~By the way, as an aside, Good game ;)

you were still on the server when I was asking around who could remove curses and when cheese gave me the scroll. You also left without removing the curse so your argument seems a bit awry.

Thou, things are cleared up, the curse is gone (again, thanks to battlingcheese) and everything is fine.

cya
    - Flash

Fireball ?

need say anymore

???

you mean me? if so, yeah, you need to say more. Can't remember throwing a fireball anywhere.

Look kids... settle it tonight!! stop crying over a little death, or was there even death involved??

• Advertisement

Originally posted by FlashBang
    Thou, things are cleared up, the curse is gone (again, thanks to battlingcheese) and everything is fine.

cya
    - Flash

we'll shake on it tonight?
    No harm no fowl....

:p

Advertisement