Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News 2 goes corporate?

Options
  • 02-04-2003 11:52am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭

News 2 last night came from the regular RTE News studio, used the regular RTE News graphics package and was branded "RTE News".

Although Sharon Ni Bheolin (or however you spell it) was still dressed casually (she wears a suit when presenting RTE ONE news bulittens, as is the dress code), the sport was still done standing up at a plasma screen and presenters continued to refer to the programme as "News 2".

Is this just for (a) last night or (b) the duration of the war, or is it a permanent move?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I saw that too about 2 weeks ago.. I thought it was a one off... maybe not? I dunno what happened. The set is still in use for news2day, the kids news during the daytime....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

news2day has different graphics then News2, different background. news2day is better graphics. They should bring back the first news two music and graphics and get a proper set.

Its just for the war I think.

Advertisement