Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netsmart pricing reviewed

Options
  • 01-04-2003 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

<edit>April Fools!</edit>

Irish Times
    NetSmart NotSmart?

EsatBT have reviewed netsmart pricing and will soon be upping charges for the service. A spokesperson was unavailable for comment, but it is believed an increase of up to 15% is to be expected.

It is what it's.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

didn't take them long. Obviously the word competition is unknown to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'd be interested to hear a reaction from UTVi on this. Has UTVi had difficulty sustaining the UTVip products? Is UTVi reviewing pricing?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭shinzon

Well when they increase their price for netsmart are they also going to increase the hours you can spend online

I doubt it

SHIN

UTV here i come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Una will comment- has to - she always does......I will eat my Sunday best hat if she doesnt....

Commenting on the new prices increases Una McGirr of Esat says "Fair...blah blah...excellent customer service...blah blah...in line with competitors...blah blah...still remains excellent value for money...blah blah..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

"Backwards."

How ironic yet a suitable discriptive in so many different ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

oh I feel a Press Release coming on,
    the is the most cynical thing I have seen Esat do in a while,

lads how about you drop the price of Netsmart,
    to build a customer base before the release of your flat-rate product ....

too smart for ya huh ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Can you paste in that article? I don't have Ireland.com subs :(

I should imagine they have had a fairily limited uptake of netsmart, it isn't like they went nuts advertising or anything.

They are fast becoming yet another comms antique,
    there is no fight left in them, they have no interest really in the Irish consumer ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ihatemushrooms

Is this an April fools thing as from talking to staff at Esat Bt there seems to be no truth in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Lunar superstar

I can confirm that it's a load of rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aggie

Una here. Very happy to officially clear up this bit of rubbish for once and for all.

There is no Irish Times article because there is no price increase or any changes planned to Netsmart. Somone obviously thought this would be a bit of crack on April Fool's Day. Pretty sad I'd say.

So, relax everyone. The only way we want our prices to go in downwards.

since you are seeking to end our joyfully esat bashing (based on complete hearsay ... which for the purposes of amusement we will accept as the gosel according to oneweb),
    you could tell us how the hell you know ? :D

If it's an April Fool's, it got me, but it's still pretty weak. The standard is appalling this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

This is the same Aggie who is an accountant in a small business who thinks Esat's voice rates are fantastic?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=578135#post578135

;)
    Originally posted by Aggie
    Una here. Very happy to officially clear up this bit of rubbish for once and for all.

There is no Irish Times article because there is no price increase or any changes planned to Netsmart. Somone obviously thought this would be a bit of crack on April Fool's Day. Pretty sad I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Aggie

Una

As a self admitted PR Professional , surely you are not the same AGGIE who attempted to PIMP ESAT in here last September and then got Very Very Snotty about it when you were caught at it, and promptly pissed off for over 6 months till you were poked out of hiding today..

Maybe that was the real April Fool Joke, and how very very professionally you handled yourself back then :D

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Hi Aggie/Una,

To avoid the uncalled for Esat bashing please feel free to call or mail me in the future should the need arise to clear something up.

David Long
    IrelandOffline
    chairman@irelandoffline.org

Originally posted by Muck

Maybe that was the real April Fool Joke:D

Nah
    The Original Úna was a joke too. Pretending to be a "Small" Business Person, small ideed humm!
    Remember this spat from the Netsmart Thread on the 090902 , first it disses the whole of IoffL and then it gets insulted when it is caught rotten.
    Una/Aggie
    Jeeeez, what a bunch of sad cynics. MOVE ON for God's sake. No Limits was almost 2 years ago, and the environment was very, very different then i.e. interconnect rates have improved only recently which determines what us end-users get charged. The good news is that prices are coming down, even in a week we've seen UTVip (lots of strings attached) and Esat BT all push things in the right direction. Reaitly is that FRIACO won't happen until eircom provide the UTV's and Esat's with the right wholesale prices, so let's get real here and not blame the alternative operators for taking the initiatve. What about eircom ? Very naive if They've not budged an inch.
    Muck
    I think YOU work for ESAT Aggie but unlike the UTV crew you only bEETch yourself and warble about Eshat voice rates when we are talking about their Internet rates.
    Una/Aggie
    Oh Muck....I'm so devastated that you might not take me seriously !! I'm an accountant with a small Irish company, mostly doing business nationally, a bit into the UK and Germany. We are 38 people, but use Internet and phone services extensively. Believe it or not Muck, we're not all Internet anoraks - some of use do actually use the phone. If you're running up voice call charges of €5,000 per month, believe me, you get very interested in those rates. I've done the sums, and for our business Esat's rates are the best - simple as that. I have no connectionss with the company other than as a customers of SOME services.
    Having been rumbled for what it obviously was way back then, September 2002, ÚNA/Aggie starts to preen its feathers a bit.
    Muck - I think you're a man (person ?) with too much time on your hands. I'm only interested in nailing real info on what's best value out there, and have no desire to get into a pathetic ding-dong with you, so let's stick to the subject at hand, i.e. what's the best deal out there. Just seems to me that eircom have made no effort whatsoever to provide us or other Irish operators with any sort of compelling offer - DSL is a case in point, which would be the ideal fix for our company. Esat's new packages look ok for home users, but what we all want is FRIACO. Fact is that until eircom create a wholesale product for UTVip, Nevada, Esat or whomever, we'll have to make do with these interim offers.

Dear Dear Dear

This is not in the PR Bunny Handbuck is it?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

It may not seem it from where you are sitting - But I have laughed a LOT at this.

I am also in complete shock.......this is best April 1st ever!! :)

Muck - you really can be evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I hearby would like to nominate Muck for a boards.ie award the next time they're on for his outstanding contribution to the Boards.ie Vice Squad. His dilligence and persistence in busting pimps across all forums has really impressed me over the last few months.

Me thinks you should have an appropiate logo in ure sig.

logonew.jpg *

*robbed from the Punk rock band of the same name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

get the GUARDS, get the GUAARRRDDSS! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Bloody hell - talk about being reefed rapid!
    Maybe she forgot her cover story in the intervening months?

I really don't post much at all here (as I have nothing new to contribute), but read almost everything almost every day. I'm continually amazed at how well informed alot of the contributors are here, but Muck is just incredible! Well done that man!

If Aggie/Una is indeed the PRO for EsatBT she really ought to be fired for the amount of disservice she has done for her company through her posts here. I doubt I would ever give my business to the company now, after having read her posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Colin and Aggie, this is not the place for in-jokes.

April fools are fine, This isnt.

Stop now or ill set Muck on stun.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Stop now or ill set Muck on stun.
    ROFL

My eternal thanks to Oneweb for stirring the murky depths.

My other abiding memory of that thread was the Bard being a gentleman , ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Colin and Aggie, this is not the place for in-jokes.
    Say what Dusty?? If there's an in-joke, I know I'm not in on it! I know when I first posted in this forum I was accused by Paddy20 of working for one of the ISPs or Telcos - is that what you are referring to? In case I didn't explicitly deny it - for the record, I definitely don't.
    Seriously - just credit where credit is due - it's a great forum and Muck's contributions are outstanding.

And as for Bard being a gentleman by coming to Una's rescue - well it looks like he may owe you an apology now Muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

OK, so quite a few ppl fell for it. :D ihatemushrooms got it (I think u fell for it tho - you called them?)

Kinda went a bit mad but hey!

:p

That's that.

Please lock this thread, it's purpose has been served :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Apologies Colin, got me wires crossed :)

Thread locked due to HeadWreckage.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've taken this in hand.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement