Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A-Team van

Options
  • 30-03-2003 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

I was just browsing round some sites looking for a cool a-team wallpaper and i read that one of the original a-team vans is still sitting in the studios where the show was made with four flat tyres and a faded paint job, i couldn't believe it when i heard it, imagine the groovyness of cruising round in that van with the theme music blaring out the windows, it'd be easy enough to put your own together but to be able to say that you have an authentic a-team van would make you the man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wow, that would be fun! I used to have an airfix model of the A team van. I was so so happy with it until I discovered it was missing two wheels. I was destraught!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I want the A-Team van. I wish i was in the a-team :( . The A-Team was great but how did nobody realise that the big black van with red stripe was following them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

My brother used to have the A-team van, for his action men, It was fairly big, Because the Mr T he had was hugh. My nephew now has the van and has broken the back doors off it. My brother was devasted when he saw it but he tried to make out he wasn't bothered. Could only laught at him.
    The Mr T we have is cool also, he has the gold jewellary and is wearing the trade mark dunagrees. He's pretty cool.

gogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

The Face from the A-team was on 2fms Ryan Tubridy's show, it was class, checlk out the link + pics here.....

http://www.2fm.ie/entertainment/thefullirish.html

very good show btw
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

The Face was in UCD not so long ago evie, Me and a bunch o lads went to see him, They asked him all sorts a stupid questions, it was the shizneh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

oh man i can't believe dirk benedict was in ireland and i never heard about it, no real reason that i should but godammit anyway, anyone get an autograph and please dont say it wasn't worth the ink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

If I ever get an automobile, I want the A-Team van. I'd actually get a group of vigilantes together and we'd go around helping people and killing evil guys. Like the originals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Phryxus
    I was just browsing round some sites looking for a cool a-team wallpaper and i read that one of the original a-team vans is still sitting in the studios where the show was made with four flat tyres and a faded paint job,
    Apparently there was a fibreglass mock-up of the van built for the show that was so light that you could lift it off the ground with just your hands. Are you sure that this isn't the one that that the article is talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

God,i sometimes pretend i'm in the A-Team,

When i am driving along.Sometimes i stop to talk to the Kids just like Mr T and try to get them to go to school and not take drugs and stuff.

Maybe we should all meet up and form our own A-Team and help make the world a better place.

I know where we can get our hands on an arc welder and a couple of unlicencensed shotguns,

they are not as good as the guns in the A team but i bet they could still take a villans head clean off at twenty paces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Originally posted by Clintons Cat
    God,i sometimes pretend i'm in the A-Team,
    When i am driving along.Sometimes i stop to talk to the Kids just like Mr T and try to get them to go to school and not take drugs and stuff.

ROFL, I bet kids in your neighbour hood give you a wide berth. ;)

gogo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

they are not as good as the guns in the A team but i bet they could still take a villans head clean off at twenty paces.

Don't you mean send the villains flying 50m through the air wheeling their arms before landing in a pile of leaves and getting to their feet and knocking the dirt off their kecks. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Yeah those are the ones :)

Mine just tend to blow great big holes out of fences :(

God life is so Unfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mr.T is god :) I used to have the little a-team van toy car as a kid...ahh the memories *sniffle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I used to love the way Mr. T always fell for the 'sleeping pills in the burger' trick that Murdoch would use to get him on planes.

"I pity the fool...." etc.

I also heard that Mr. T was once shot in the ass on the A-Team set in a bizarre "You mean that gun was loaded with live ammunition?" type accident. Probably an urban myth but he wasn't a very nice fella in real life by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I went to Universal Studios in LA when I was 10. We went on the tour and the BESTEST THING EVAR happened.

I saw the A-Team van, along with a load of other things, like giant stuff from Honey I Shrunk the Kids, all just lying around.
    ...and I got to sit in KITT, the car from Knightrider. :D
    It can't get better than that. Nothing else on the holiday could compare really, could it?

Must be pictures of the two lying around at home somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

aw man that is pure class. ye gotta scan those pictures in if ye find them...

Face, aka Templeton Peck was on that RTE1 Marty Whelan program in the middle of the day a few months back. He was talking about some A-Team convention he was going to in England with Murdoch. He also said that he nearly died of cancer a few years ago, and that B.A. was fighting cancer. (Hannibal died of cancer a few years ago). Pretty freaky...

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. So, if you have a problem, and if no-one else can help, maybe you could hire The A-Team."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

According to several reliable sources of mine, a vehicle remarkably similar to the A-team van has been spotted driving around the Ballinasloe area, in either the Ahascragh or Mullagh area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I remember years and years and yeeeeears ago there was some guy that used to drive around town here (Portlaoise) in an old Ford Transit (the really old ones, the roundy kind of ones) that he'd painted black with an A-Team style red stripe on the sides, fitted with chrome wheels, tinted windows (or more likely that sticky window tint stuff you can get), a massive chrome bullbar on the front and about twenty rally-style spotlights.

It looked pretty sad, actually! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ryan is da bomb on the radio early in the morning...... its great when I get into work, listening to him waffling along, he sounds how my brain feels..... ****ed up.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God the A-Team was junk! Only the actors kept it
    watchable, anyway my contributuion to this thread of gold(plate) is to recall like Aiden Dunne has, how some prat decked out his Transit in the A-Team livery and was the subject of bemused glances for a number of years in the Waterford area...maybe it was the same van?!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

someone used to beat around magherafelt in an A-Team van. you see him the odd day. its teh r0x0r tbh.
    Maybe we should all meet up and form our own A-Team and help make the world a better place.
    dibs on being murdoch! he was exceedingly cool, 2nd only to B.A.
    we wil rock so much.....
    God the A-Team was junk! Only the actors kept it
    :eek: :mad: GET OUT OF HERE NOW!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Remember a mate with A-Team bedroom stuff.Posters, bedclothes,, oh no terrible,, the horror.
    And what always go me was nobody got killed or no blood visible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by telecinesk
    And what always go me was nobody got killed or no blood visible...

...and a jeep would always turn over off a ramp in the big action climax! Sooooooo predictable! ;)

Mike.

yeah i think once someone got shot, and then the regulators at that time stopped it cos every kid watched it i guess.
    Hehe u could fire 10 rounds up close at some of the guys and still miss in the A-team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

Another thing i heard was that because the van was too heavy and crap to make the wheels spin properly they just tossed a handful of bleach under the wheels before the scene. just shows how special effects have changed over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Heard a slight rumour that the whole team are re-uniting to do a world tour(without Hannnibal obviously) next year some time.

Seemingly it'll be coupled with a kind of cancer awareness campaign.

Hope to pull them to UCD for that :D;)

Face was brilliant that time he came. He did a guest Dj set and was seen to have at least two ladies hanging off him at all times(Only the finest Arts birds to be considered). It was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I heard a couple of years ago that Mel Gibson was going to write and direct an A-Team film, with himself playing the role of Hannibal. The surviving original cast members were supposed to have cameo roles in the film, though at the time this rumour was going around it was doubtful if Mr. T was going to be alive by the time the film was going to be made because he was suffering from cancer but, apparantly, he's recovering from it at the moment or has done.

This was a couple of years ago, mind you, and nothing's been mentioned since so I guess nothing's going to come of it. At least, not for the forseeable future. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

Oh, saw it yesterday! Had to plead with my mum to let me watch it, she wanted to watch the news. Pah!
    (I am 20 years old BTW)

It was v. good, Murdock was on Wheel of fortune and the story continued into a
    the big action climax!
    !
    Happy Days!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Cian H

Network 2
    Saturday......class

One of the best scenes i've ever seen was when The A team were trying to get someone to a doctor and a gang of villians were blocking the door saying
    'your gonna have to walk through us if you wanna get in here'
    Then B.A says 'Walkin' wasnt what i had in mind'
    Then he proceeded to throw them through windows and beat lumps out of them. He should have won an oscar for it

• Advertisement

hehe u always see one shot of Mr.T with one of the guys by the shirt and the next shot the bad guy flying thru the air :)

Advertisement