Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georgia V Ireland

Options
  • 25-03-2003 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this is being televised?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Somebody must be televising it though I dont see it on RTEGuide.ie (which incidentally, isnt half bad). I noticed pub sites in USA claiming to show it so some sort of channel, maybe Setanta is showin this game. No mention of it on any of the Sky Sports channels unless on Sky Sports Extra?

byte

According to WorldSoccerVision.com

Georgia: Georgia TV
    Russia: 7TV
    USA: Setanta Sports Closed Circuit

Not on any other channels, it seems. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I heard that some Georgia TV (maybe I'm thinking about Albania?) station wanted something rediculous like 300,000 Euros from RTE so they can show the match. Obviously RTE said no.

byte

Yea, it must be "Georgia TV" one of only 3 global channels airing the match (that I know of).

How does one go about receiving either Georgia TV or 7TV from Russia? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Would it be possible to arrange a 'private' stream?:rolleyes:

RTE apparently said a few weeks ago that they would continue negotiating right up to the game. RTE originally offered €120,000 for it, as was said earlier the local TV station want over double...

I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Advertisement