Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TheReg] Eircom sets wholesale DSL price (plus stuff about Esat DSL :)

Options
  • 24-03-2003 12:01pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/29884.html
    Esat BT has described Eircom's new wholesale price for DSL as positive, with both firms now set to roll out retail services at dramatically lower prices.

East BT, meanwhile, said it is happy with the prices. "At EUR27, it's a positive development and it's something we certainly think we can work with," said Una McGirr, communications director for Esat BT. McGirr said that Esat BT was "crunching the numbers" to come up with a proposed retail price for its own service, and it is expected that Esat BT's new product will be launched in late spring or early summer at "competitive" prices.

Things ceratinly seem to be getting somewhere, hopefully UTV will also enter the market.

Also I'd say this will be the death of LLU, unfortunately.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 declans

Hi

I called UTV yesterday and due to the fact they were moving offices my call was lost and transferred to reception via call answering , I asked for Info on DSL and was put through to a guy who sounded like he was in a management role , I asked him were they going to introduce a DSL product , His reply is that they have been given wholesale prices from eircom and it was now in the "Product Development Stage"

Hope it comes through as they are a pretty decent bunch !

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by declans
    Hi

I called UTV yesterday and due to the fact they were moving offices my call was lost and transferred to reception via call answering , I asked for Info on DSL and was put through to a guy who sounded like he was in a management role , I asked him were they going to introduce a DSL product , His reply is that they have been given wholesale prices from eircom and it was now in the "Product Development Stage"

Hope it comes through as they are a pretty decent bunch !

Drool!!, where do I sign up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

Esat BT's new product will be launched in late spring or early summer at "competitive" prices.

eh .... I will file this under 'I will belive it when I see it' ...
    The teleco industry sometimes have very odd perceptions of what "competitive" means

Advertisement