Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT happy with the cozy Cartel

Options
  • 24-03-2003 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Their PR bunny, Una, purred happiness at ENN on Friday .

€27 ex VAT wholesale (€32.70 Incl Vat) sez Una, yummy.

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Heh :)
    "Eircom says a minimum of 256kb/s is guaranteed" omg. eircom GUARANTEEING SPEED! I wonder what the contention rate is tho...probably 80:1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

now now ESAT guarantee 256k too, but ya gotta pay €60 for it and it is very hard to get the residential customewr service droids in ESAT to sell the damn thing.

I am fairly certain that the Eircom product at €75.15 incl line rental and VAT will be a 256k experience for at least one third of all applicants.......just you wait for it seeing as the other shower can't reach you :D

Remember the ESAT 'push' for Broadband where Bill Murphy promised us all that he would have an Expression of Interest system in place.....shortly after October 2002 . No sign of that is there?

To Quote Bill from that Immortal Speech of his last October , "Tell Us Where You Want It" he said. In March 2003 Bill sent forth PR Bunny Una to 'tell us where we want it' .

Where 'we want it' is not a Geographic concept as some of us may once have thought but is related to the nether regions around the pockets.......chiefly the Back Pocket :confused: it seems!

M

Originally posted by Muck

Remember the ESAT 'push' for Broadband where Bill Murphy promised us all that he would have an Expression of Interest system in place.....shortly after October 2002 . No sign of that is there?

Yes there is!
    http://register.iol.ie/dsl/cli_neg_b.htm

And the trigger levels ?

What are they, 100 , 200 ? Which exchanges are getting close to meeting them and when will ESAT upgrade these exchanges.....

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you actually want to test your line, go here. I'd love to know how tied in that is, and what they do with the details.

adam

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dahamsta
    If you actually want to test your line, go here. I'd love to know how tied in that is, and what they do with the details.

adam

They told me they were given a list of numbers that were within the distance requirement from eircom. Getting a yes on that site doesn't guarantee you can definitely get dsl as your line mightn't be good enough quality. I didn't go through that site, but i'd imagine the post you out the contract once you send your info in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

who coined the phrase duopoly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

probably the same person who discovered bait & switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I've been told that Via (www.vianetworks.ie), currently the only sellers of services over Eircom's bitstream, will also be reselling the new 27 euro bitstream. This is interesting because they don't operate a cap on the existing 512k service. This is what I was told after making an enquiry over the phone. Usual disclaimers apply.

Does anybody know if VIA will sell outside of Dublin yet which was the only real gripe I heard about them a few months back. Their system was 'nationwide inside the M50' to coin a phrase.
    Originally posted by SkepticOne
    Usual disclaimers apply.
    You dont work for them :D , I know .

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Dublin is over 1000 years old and therefore has been waiting longer than, for example, Cork which is only 800 or so years old. In time, I'm sure more areas of the country will be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

200 more years ... thats not so good.

Advertisement