Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom won't change my CPS!

Options
  • 23-03-2003 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I hope someone here can give me a little advice...
    I've been with UTVip since last November, I had asked for a cancellation in January but revoked it a couple of days later, but it turned out (as I opened my Eircom bill yesterday and saw €150 was owing!) that they had been unable to stop me going back to Eircom, but they had immediately put through a request to get me back once my CPS had gone back to Eircom (although I was never informed of this).

UTV asked Eircom to change me back to them on the 22nd of February. And they STILL haven't done this. Thus explaining my rather large bill. I rang eircom yesterday and was on hold for around 30 mins in total while a biddy (a sort of helpful one) spoke to someone "in the exchange", who, when I asked WHY they have now known for a month to change me back to UTV for telephony they haven't done this, she kept repeating "You need to speak to your carrier" ad nauseum. Even when I told her i'd just SPOKEN to them. Argh!

Have I got any grounds for complaint with Comreg?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

im far from an expert from what i read, ive you have requested it your entitled to be have changed cps carrier within x amount of time. (as long as utc requested it. Not sure who u u should have a problem with, Eircom or UTV)

Small claims court either way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The way most new UTV accounts worked was that they made the request to €ircon on your behalf and €ircon had a certain amount of days to make the switch. What happens is that UTV give your phone details to Nevada (now.. Energis) who set up their switches to recognise your traffic, and give the same details to €ircon, who are then supposed to put your details in their switchover database and route calls from your exchange into Nevada's network space. €ircon were suprisingly very laggardy about informing anyone of whether or not the changes had been made! Shock!

But in this case it may just be that €ircon have seen the cancellation and said "Woohoo! Sink your claws in and don't let go!" and *ahem* overlooked the re-activation notice. After all, the longer they delay the more money they get to illegitimatly charge you for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I would ring back Eircom.
    Tell them - the whole situation is unsatisfactory and that you are making an official complaint to COMREG.
    Then make that complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well its takes all of two hours for eircom to switch you back to their serivce, so likely hood is that you where switched back on hte same day they recieved your call/letter what ever. one this happens they ahve a full month before they have to switch back on your cps. Did you have to fill out the forms again? if so then eircom is completely covered by standard operating procedures, if not you may have a case, but in the end they did have technically 30 days to switch your service back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

30 days? are you sure it's not 10 working days?
    Waiting for UTV to get back to me onthis one, they never said anything about filling out forms again, sure i never signed anything when I signed up to UTV I did it all over the web, they don't need a signature at all.

I think 30 days is extremely excessive, I know they can change your CPS in about one minute, they just draw it out to 10-30 days to leech more money out of people :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

A small bit of advice, conduct no further communication with eircom via telephone unless you can record the call! My experience is that all communication should be IN WRITING and delivered either by courier or registered post.

Having little pieces of paper in hand when you go to small claims court can make all the difference, from what I understand.

(My slamming squabble is still in the "works", but progress is at least being made... I think.)

Muck gave me good advice in the "I was slammed" thread

Click to read thread

Good luck!

Advertisement