Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAME32 Joypad Configuration

Options
  • 22-03-2003 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

I've got a 4 buttons controller and I'm wondering how I can change the button configuration. It's fine for most games but I'm trying to play Robotron at the moment(I know double joysticks would be preferable) and the buttons don't coincide with the correct directions.

Could someone take me through the whole ctrl set up? The text file I think I need to edit has tons of values and I don't know what values correspond to the pad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Doesnt Mame have multiple gamepad cfgs as preset?
    Should be one to suit your gamepad.
    But you should invest in a 10 or 12 button with dual POV Gravis Elimator Pro in PC World for €20 10 buttons and a decent pad my wife uses that.

I use Hammerhead FX 12 buttons with d pad and dual POV cost €40 and Interact are bankrupt thats the best pad i have used cos of its multi uses for different games.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Well it has 6 buttons but I'm on win95 so anything more than 4 is useless. I'm happy with my Quickshot. Great analogue control for my N64 ROMs and I've been buying that brand since I had a Commodore 64.

The only configs are just for those overpriced arcade stick crap from Xarcade and SlikStik.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Hit tab to config controls(In game). But as kdjaC says get a new joypad;) and a new OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Cheers. That did the trick.

I still say Quickshot pads are brill. The drivers are just a bit ****. :)

I'll get a new op system with a new PC hopefully soon. I'm seriously considering building a MAME cabinet too. Can't beat the real thing with a proper arcade monitor.

Advertisement