Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nwn - 19-03-2003

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Thanks Rev, looks good.

Important note every1 particulary me and Flash as there is an 8 hour rest interval. Any1 know how long that is in game time?

Also henchmen leave thier equip behind when they die. Cue evil laugh (muhahahahah)

See ya's there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

On a side note, you'll need a good character to finish module. One of you must be on the side of the little ppl.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

"Henchmen do not level up or respawn. If they die they will leave their equipment behind. "

leave equipment behind huh? very interesting :)

"Dead players may not respawn until all their party members are finished with combat."

now that should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its probably crap equipment though... anyway lets see.. however.. by killing our own henchment we might change alignment.. possibly... lets have a go though anyway mwuhahahha

"Dead players may not respawn until all their party members are finished with combat. "

hmmmmm

all spellcasters will be hit by the resting rule.

It being called Pharoah, I am assuming there'll be some undead and a mummy or two (maybe a mummy lord!). Clerics will have to use their turn undead sparingly.

Hopefully that newbie merchant will have healing kits. I would suggest we all stock up as healing will be important with the combat finish respawn rule. A few cure moderate potions for the front line fighters in case of emergency would be useful too.

Visiting the merchant only once could be a problem. Flash, I'll give you that 400gp to get a crossbow *before* you visit him. Couldn't get it to you on monday due to some server trickiness.

• Advertisement

That was good last night.. though monday we will need some serious help to beat that guy we ran away from.. every time we showed our faces he cast a kill spell of some sort and we were dead and had to respawn usually! Something to do with his chair maybe.

I lost a lot of Gold from deaths last night but it was fun all the same!!

yep, was a very nicely done scenario. Some of the fights are a bit tough mind and a bit of a lack of loot.

We shouldnt be up againt that guy yet. He's a lich! Just after you left, myself, BC and laeus went into a secret door to find a quiet spot to rest adn met a friendly clay golem that wanted to hug us all repeatedly. It was guarding an urn containing that lich's heart (I think it's his phylactery). I managed to break the urn and eventually we killed the golem. (yaaay for exploding fruits!).

There's a lot more to explore though. I think we should concentrate on explorign as much as we can before we go up against the big bad fella. Even without a phylactery, a lich is still very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

ummm... explaination for the stupid ****s, please (i.e. me):

what in god's name is a "ph..." *scrolls down to look up the word* "phylactery" ?! and what does it do? and how is it connected to the lich-guy?

cya
    - Flash

A Lich bassically puts his being into an object or phylactery as its called... He is pretty much invincible.. as in he cant be killed, or if he can he comes back to life... However if you have his phylactery you can kill him.. i think.. now "THIINK" that you destroy it and he is mortal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

... so if I understood this correctly, you destroyed his phy-something and now we can ram a greatsword +2 up his butt?

• Advertisement

In PnP games a phylactery is a container that a lich puts his "life force" into. Usually this makes him invulnerable. if you destroy the phylactery, the lich' life force returns to his body and he can be killed. Unfortunately this lich has a ton of death spells, lightning bolts, wall of fire etc to throw at us. (a lich is usually at *least* a 12th level mage, more often it is higher).

When I saw the urn it said (i forget the lich's name, but it began with M, so I'll call him Mike) Mike's Heart. Mike = mage.... so most likely mike=undead mage = lich => Mike's heart is his phylactery.

I could be completely wrong of course.

One thing, we really do have to start sticking together a bit more. The dying and healing rules make this more important than ever. Also, we should be taking our time. It's not a race. I think we've missed some clues. (I found a book about those chagang lads.. which is why I was shouting not to use edged weapons, the book says that they split in two if killed) there must have been similar clues about the heart.

Yeah those putty guys where a pain... Started out as a few and next thing i know there is 20 of the feckers!!! I had to run off myself and get a few to follow me.. i could handle 3 on my own.. any more than that and i was toast... id kick some ass.. as soon as i killed one i ran away and healed and just as the heal is finished they would catch up so turn around and go at it agian.. this tactic worked a treat after constantly being killed when all bunched together.

Advertisement