Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Internet Satelite From Astra

Options
  • 19-03-2003 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

FAST INTERNET CONNECTION IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT EUROPE

SAT ADSLPLUS PACK (SAT ADSLPLUS + Sat Modem PCI) is available only to users connecting from European Union countries.

SAT ADSLPLUS PACK:

You can subscribe from anywhere in Europe (especially from those locations not yet reached by ADSL or fiber optics).
    Netsystem ships Sat Modem cards only in European Union countries.
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PROVIDER to surf and download files from the Internet at a speed you have never been able to reach with your analogue modem (cost of connection to the terrestrial provider to be borne by the user).
    You can surf the Internet at speeds up to 300 kbps, for 6 Gigabytes of data non cumulative per month!
    The service can be activated from abroad and can be used with mobile phones.
    DAYS TIME BAND SPEED
    Monday-Sunday 0.00 - 24.00 up to 300 kbps

If you have any question or you need help to fill our registration form, Netsystem will be glad to help you! Please send an e-mail to servizioclienti@netsystem.com (only in English please) explaining your problem and we will assist you.

OUR OFFER

Netsystem Offers You Two Types of Subscription:

• TRY OUR ADSL VIA SATELLITE!
    Quarterly subscription: for ONLY 99 € 3 months of SAT ADSLPLUS service + Sat Modem PCI included.

99 €
    * The contract renewal will be only 99 €

• SAVE 48 €!
    ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION: you will be charged ONLY 348 € VAT included (instead of 99 x 4 = 396 €), for 12 months of SAT ADSLPLUS service + Sat Modem PCI included.

348 €
    * The contract renewal will be only 348 €

HOW TO REGISTER

If you want to subscribe to SAT ADSLPLUS PACK (SAT ADSLPLUS + Sat Modem PCI), you can:

subscribe online now!
    or:
    contact our Customer Service at number: + 39 02 62495495, from Monday to Friday, 9.30-20.30 (GMT+1)

Download the PDF file, fill in the form contained therein and send it by fax to +39.02.62495684 or send it by e-mail with a scanned copy as an attachment to: servizioclienti@netsystem.com

Please note: The service will be activated within 2 working days after registration for credit card payments and 5 working days for bank swift payments. The service activation will be notified to the customer by e-mail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭molinaalexis

This is the web site :

http://www.netsystem.com/eng/

sorry I forgot to put it in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Another 1-way Sat provider.....you use telco return for the uplink so call charges apply......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Have been using this service for nearly a year now, it started out great 35-40KBps on kazza.
    Now they are throttling the ports that are commonly associated with file sharing progs, newsgroups etc.. so it's sh1te.
    My advice: stay away.

Although in saying that, it is still OK for http downloads. 35-40KBps stable

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

there's a service that allows you to route the likes of Kazza through a middleman so that firewalls thinks it's ordinary http traffic. Works by sending the packets through port 80 like normal but then the middleman re-routes it to wherever you were going in the first place. They recommend it for the likes of Kazza.

is the sattelite that provides the service (Astra 19.2) the same as the one for Sky Digital? ie. can sky digital subscribers get this service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Sky Digital is on 28.2 E, so no :(

As far as I know Sky Analogue is (was?) on 19.2 , so if you've that dish you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

molenaalexis....this netsystem is old news ! (:
    It has been out since last summer.
    I used to have it, too much throttling has made it crap for any type of downloads.
    LFCFan, you need a separate sky dish to receive this, as sky digital dish points in different direction than sky analogue dish. :)

screw that idea so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Anyone know where I can get a dish to work with this product?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you have an old SKY analog dish it will be pointing the right way. You will need to change the LNB cos it up at about 12GHz.

If you have a dish pointing to hotbird then you can add a second LNB. (about 3 inches to the right). You won't get away with a second LNB on a sky dish though.

Unfortunately it is way oversubscribed and like any satellite ping times are slow. Since it is one way you also need a return path for the uplink - ie. modem, ADSL, ISDN etc.

Consider them only if they get another transponder or you have a permenant slow internet connection which you can also use for DNS. Download speeds are erratic - which means if you use ISDN for the uplink then it is probably not worth the hassle.

Worth looking at if you can't even get 28Kb on a modem after getting in a new line and Fixed Rate Internet Connections actually happen at a Rate that isn't "Fixed".

Even sharing an ADSL line across www.irishwan.org is quicker a lot of the time.

PS. Are there any other Slow fixed price Permenant internet connections ?
    - do eircom still do private wire ? at best 2Mb at worst 9600bps
    - packet radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Old news.. been using them a year now... Great for downloads.. useless for anything else!!

Kaaza can get me 20 - 30kbs sometimes.. depends on the other persons upload and how many users i can get it from. I dont use it much though.. Its better for downloading from websites.. ftp's and binaries.

you CANT play games with it.. Also the service is now 300kbs.. it was and still is for me 350kbs.. not much of a difference..

As for a sat for it.. i got Tony to fit mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

They actually state "up to 300k". Mine usually runs at 220/250k. Still 5 times faster than 56k (my max is 48k).

I pull approx 100 mb per hour, so it's definitely worth it for me in the absence of any alternatives :(

BTW, using a standard Sky dish/LNB with no probs in Limerick, although it is professionally aligned to Astra 19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

new subscribers face a 6gb cap also which can cramp
    your style a bit, my sub is up in june i hope utvip
    have their adsl product out by then!

wormhole

Kramer, I'm living in Limerick also. Do you know anyone who sells/installs dishes around Limerick, and any idea of the cost?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

County http://www.midwestwan.org/showmap.php?mapid=2
    or City http://www.midwestwan.org/showmap.php?mapid=1

MidWestWAN is an attempt to build a Wireless Wide Area etwork of computers throughout The MidWest region of Ireland. It is a non-profit organisation put together by it's members for the provision of free broadband connecivity between it's members.

Kilmallock, Co. Limerick

I've already paid the 99 euro for the 3 month subscription so I might aswell try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Saruman, why are you still with netsystem if you only use it for downloading? The packages aren't really that good anymore thanks to the caps on how much you can download. Didn't you get the email about "you are abusing netsystem blah blah blah"

Tis annoying though because it was great for downloading. Been surfing on the netsystemusers board and that Jez chap says he never got the message and seems like he downloads gigs for fun! So you could be in the same group. Grrr! ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had Netsystem for a short while but it sucked big time. OK for the odd patch like Service Packs etc. What I did enjoy was Europe Online before they ruined it. It worked well with an application not supported by EON but worked well by downloading to your PC what everyone else was scheduling for download! Was very handy though you could end up with 10GB of rubbish overnight! :D

Advertisement