Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Line Tests Fail

Options
  • 18-03-2003 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

I live in Santry and I am close to dispair. I live in the capital city of a first world nation, and I cannot receive Braodband from any provider at all!!!!

The only provider who provides a service at the moment on the Northside of the city is Eircom(spit), I live about 500metres from the exchange and my line failed the test? Why? I have been told that the wire could run around several estates before it reaches me? I don't believe it could add 3 km to my line length.

Also I have asked Eircom several times as to whether they are using a Dax splitter on my line. They have never heard of this.. Why are technical staff at our national telco less clued in than me??

On the same point, a friend of mine had i-stream installed. The girl who came to install it tried to plug the cat-5 into my friends modem. She couldn't understand why it would not fit. If these are the people working at eircom, then I hold no hope of ever getting broadband....

HELP!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I can almost touch sutton exchange from where I am.. And guess what.. they wont let me pay them €200 a month :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

There are two possibilities really:

-- You are more than 6km from your nearest exchange, bear in mind this may be significantly less if it isn't RADSL but rather plain ADSL
    -- Your phone line is ****e, for example water in the line, rusted connections, pair gain, that sort of thing

Either way, you are out of luck. Try IBB. If that fails, move to a country with better infrastructure, such as Slovenia

Advertisement