Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom running fibre around estates

Options
  • 16-03-2003 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I've noticed allot, ALLOT of eircom and telecommunications contractors running cable around estates and along main roads in the d15 area.

Now i have seen shielding (thin yellow cable, really strong, with kevlar and several other layers of protection, used for fibre), reels of it and they are feeding it up and down roads.

Eircom upgrading its network, phone system or perhaps exploring FTTH? :)

Any1 know?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by STaN
    I've noticed allot, ALLOT of eircom and telecommunications contractors running cable around estates and along main roads in the d15 area.

Now i have seen shielding (thin yellow cable, really strong, with kevlar and several other layers of protection, used for fibre), reels of it and they are feeding it up and down roads.

Eircom upgrading its network, phone system or perhaps exploring FTTH? :)

Any1 know?

I have it on good authority(the voices in my head) that they are getting ready to provide a vDSL service @ €29.99 a month for 45Mb/s connections. Free installation and free modem.

Seriously though, I've seen them too. Didn't know what Fibre looked like though so wasn't sure what they were doing. Maybe they are going to use Tyrrelstown to trial vDSL(Keep dreaming).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Contractors are running com cables down my road, noit for the telephone or interent but for pay and display ticket machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭drjolt

Leased lines in housing estates, riight.

Advertisement