Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business in Cork / Kerry / Tipperary (Good Points/Bad Points)

Options
  • 13-03-2003 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm living in Co.Mayo at the moment, but I'm considering moving to
    either Co.Cork, Co.Tipperary, or Co.Kerry.

I would like to establish a business, and I have been looking at the following towns as possible suitable locations;

_CO. CORK_
    Mallow
    Fermoy

_CO. TIPPERARY_
    Nenagh
    Roscrea
    Thurles
    Tipperary
    Clonmel

_CO. KERRY_
    Listowel
    Tralee
    Castleisland
    Killarney
    Killorglin

Has anyone any knowledge of living in or running/owning a business inany of these towns?

Do any of these towns have well-known problems with businesses having problems with local criminals. Or does anyone have any knowledge about general crime rates in any of the above towns?

I know Co.Cork, Co.Kerry and Co. Tipperary all have fairly low crime rates compared with other parts of the country.

Or does anyone have any general comments about living in any of these towns? Any good points or bad points which I should know about?

Any comments or advice is appreciated, or send an email to me at

claire2003@clontarf.net

See ya!

Claire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,317 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Other than a few problems in Clonmel (pop. 15,000+) and Tralee (pop. 20,000+), all of the above would be considered as safe as Castlebar (pop. 6,000).

Try contacting the local chambers of commerce and county entreprise boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 claire2003

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your comments.

You mentioned Tralee & Clonmel. Are we just talking about "problems" in the sense of punch up's after closing time, and house break-in's?

This type of thing doesn't worry me too much. I'm more concerned with ensuring I don't move to a town which has well-known problems with organised criminals or major drug dealers ........ this type of thing. (Organised baddies)

Someone mentioned that there was a crackdown of drug dealers in Cork City, and some of them moved out to the Mallow area.

Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 78,317 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not that I know of. Tralee has a (possibly overstated) reputation of the provisionals acting as vigilantes. The difference is these two towns are much bigger than the others.

Advertisement