Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Elsewhere: A new IOFFL site feature (early days).

Options
  • 12-03-2003 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Finally we're adding a table of broadband costs outside of Ireland on to the IOFFL website. It can be viewed here.

I've been looking over the current sticky at the top of the forum for costing in other countries, and struggling to extract the relevant data.

Here is my plea:

I'd greatly appreciate help in compiling an up to date info page on deals elsewhere. I am increasingly being asked by journalists for price comparisons and it is a long over due feature of the IOFFL site which just recently sailed past the 113947 hits mark.

Here is what I am suggesting:

When you find a relevant cost of ADSL service elsewhere in the EU or indeed the world could you please post it to this thread with only the following format:

Provider:
    URL: A website address to the page where you found the information. Preferably an official site of the provider please.
    Product Name:Only if applicable
    Range of products:Yes/No (if there are a range just post the details of one, and when I check it out I will categorise the rest on the IOFFL site entry)
    Speed of Service: e.g. (512/128) , (1024/256) etc.
    Installation cost:
    Modem cost: (if not included in installation cost, and offered by provider at a separate cost)
    Monthly cost:
    Special Offers: Many providers are offering deals, e.g. reduced monthly rates for the first 3 months, or free installation or modem.
    Special Offer closing date:

If there are multiple proddcut offerings please just post the details of one, set the Range of products field to "Yes" and when I check your entry out I will categorise the rest of the product offerings myself the IOFFL site entry using the provided URL.

I realise a lot of effort has gone into the
    current sticky and I will do my best to extract what I can from it for the IOFFL site table as there is some invaluable info on world wide services and costs.

Advertisement