Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN Servers - updated to 1.29

Options
  • 12-03-2003 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

You'll need the new patch to play.

also make sure u have agreed on a game for tonight before 4:00gmt cos after that I'll not be able to set one up.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

U1: Sinister secret of Saltmarsh

and

Grail wars part one

neither of these require haks and both seem quite good.

Saltmarsh is the start of a small adventure series, grail wars is a campaign module. I have no preference, so it's up to you, or someone else can choose or you can roll a dice :)

me off to see what got fixed in 1.29 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

1.29 is only 1.2mb so nice and small.. assuming you are updating from 1.28!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

tonight served hot !
    I'll even try to play as well.

http://www.darkkeep.com/nwn/

woohoo!

see you all about 8:15?

Cool, i dont think i have played a Greyhawk based module before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I'll try to be there

Im having problems patching here so i could be late... its saying i have the wrong version ow nwmain.exe which i certainly dont! Last time i had this i had to uninstall and reinstall completely!! aghhh (I dont use nocd crack by the way)

I had the same problem. Ran the 1.28 manual patch and then upgraded to 1.29.

Must download the 1.29 manual patch now in case it happens again.

I tried the manual patch first.. when that did not work i tried the automated patch.. same... Damn it... so i removed and reinstalled it..
    My original version is 1.11 SO i made a backup of every nwmain.exe file
    so i have 1.11, 1.27, 1.28 and now 1.29 backed up.

I have a feeling i know what the problem is though... The camera hack! It alters something in the nwmain.exe file so that may be what it is.

Cant use cam hack with 1.29 right now anyway. I wonder if restoring bioware defaults would have fixed it? Anyway i had the 1.28 critical rebuild patch but forgot i had it so was installing disk 3 when i remembered.... It was taking too long to download the almost 50mb 1.29 critical rebuild, gave up on 50% or so and reinstalled.

Anyway decent mod and i do like my character. I died once where i was forced to respawn but as i just increased a level i lost no xp and you dont loose gold... the other times i died i could be healed back to life.

Only thing is i may be a Cleric but i cant heal.. unless its hidden in some strange place but i have no option to heal... I picked Lathander so maybe he does not give any heal. I did not pick heal as a feat so thats possibly another.

The option to heal is in the spells you learn, it is not an ability.

However, you can also use a healing spell from the quickslot without first learning it, this will sacrifice one of your other spells.

The choice of deity doesn't really make much difference in the game, it is the choice of spheres that really matter.

I have to say, I do like my character too. Monk3 Rogue 1.

We've got a ton of cash and loot as well so hopefully monday's scenario will have a decent selection in the shops. The module was very nicely written, not a technically skilled as the dreamcatcher one but still well put together. It is a conversion of a PnP scenario that is from a series considered a classic in D&D. actually all of the ones in the list I posted are considered excellent scenarios in pen and paper, so the quality of the scenario will be mainly up to the writers conversion skills. If Saltmarsh is anything to go by, this should be a most enjoyable campaign indeed :)

• Advertisement

Twas good indeed! I got a nice +1 longsword when i killed one of the pirates

I need to get to know my cleric.. never played one so its all new to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

OK, server is all set for monday, same routine as always.
    20:30 (gmt)

This is what you'll be playing, no downloads required.
    http://www.darkkeep.com/viewtopic.php?p=48

thanks rev.

see you all about 8:15

indeed i shall be there

Advertisement