Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboardin??Help

Options
  • 11-03-2003 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Iv alway thought skatinwas easy and just lately i bought myself a board! i never relized how hard it actually is and i reckon iv broken a few limbs in the last 2 weeks !! Just wonderin if anyone cud giv us a few tips on how to do anythin on the board apart from fallin off???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Learn to ollie Pretty much every trick comes from an ollie these days.

Try varials next and mess about with kickflips. If you practice you should be doing well in a few weeks.
    The trick tips on the tubes website are pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

Thanks man that site was very usefull!Gonna head out and giv some of those tricks a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

And remember, if your going to ollie off a few steps or try a trick, if you are afraid of doing so and only make half an attempt, you will end up hurting yourself more than had you gone for it. in most cases anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

u jus gots to keep practising day and night
    balance is important so work on that
    u also want a decent board
    also learn to do a low 1 foot ollie before u try anythin else, then move on to kickflip, heelflip etc just keep practising

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Just keep at it, mess around with your foot positioning loads! Get the hang of the basics and the rest will fall into place, learn ollies, manual rolls or nose rolls.
    Unfortunately you can't really teach someone how to learn a trick or skateboarding, you can only advise them to try lean back a bit etc, it's all down to trial and error and gaining confidence in yourself while on your board. Commit yourself to trying to never fall off it, even if you have to swing your arms around like a maniac and end up crouched down like a ninja :ninja:
    Picture yourself doing something before you do it, try imagine how good it's going to feel when you land, next thing you know you don't even have to try, it becomes second nature ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Remove the wheels. That way the board will never fly out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

nah don't remove the wheels, practicing stationary is a good idea though, now that you mention it, find a crack in the pavement and lodge your wheel(s) in there and learn to ollie like that first, then do it moving, when you can get the wheels off the ground and feel a bit more comfortable.

Advertisement