Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Rún as Irish learning aid.

Options
  • 11-03-2003 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

The department of Education recently pioneered a new scheme for teaching Irish to secondary students. It's still only a pilot scheme in 100 schools,but apparently it will become widespread if successful.
    It's based on the Irish language soap opera,Ros na Rún. Apparently the students will be expected to watch the programme each episode, and then their school will be sent an e-mail with exercises for the students to do on the latest episode. Sounds like a great way to teach Irish to me, but I was trying to get the articles on the subject that were published in the Times about a month ago but I don't have a subscription to ireland.com to use the archive. Does anyone else know where or how to get these articles? Or better still, have a subscription to ireland.com to check the archive :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 reimo

I've no idea... but try some of the Irish websites.

www.beo.ie
    www.foinse.ie
    www.nuacht.com
    www.cnag.ie

The Ros na Rún thing isn't really new. We did it in 4th year... and that was over 3 years ago. I'm not sure if it was an official thing or if our teacher just recorded it and made up the questions.
    We didn't need it anyway- it was an all-Irish school!!

Advertisement