Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten arcade game update.....

Options
  • 11-03-2003 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭

I don't think i gave enough info.... i also remembered some more detail. As i said it's japanese theme, top-down adventure/shooter.
    Also, there were bosses who reminded me of a large floating bhudda! there were lot's of ghosts, but also gravestones which i think followed you around. At the end of the levels which had this bald little ninja guy walking around, the screen closed of, and this is where the boss came in. I used to think there was a ninja or samurai in the title, perhaps a mystical, or even a viking-but my mind has become clouded with time! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, so please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

http://snes.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId,7795/

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja ..by Konami :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

thanks bud, but this is an arcade game from the eighties, i'm trying to find it for mame. The name rings a bell though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Would it be, by any chance, Shock Troopers ??

I wish it was! that game looks pretty cool though, so I'll download it anyway! it does look quite similar...... I've been trying to find the game i'm after for years now- it's really starting to piss me off! thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Might it be Ninja commando, 1992 game on SNK hardware, its the only game i can think of where its top down-ish and with ninja's and i think i remember this thing about the area closing in when the boss turned up.

• Advertisement

You could also ask at the fun/Fluff board over at mame.net here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Was it Carnage (Total Carnage)

None of those either..... mystical ninja still rings a bell though- i wonder if it might be an earlier version of the one above? i'm reasonably sure it's not on mame, at least not in an english-spelt title. does anyone know if a system apart from mame would likely have it?

Maybe RAINE ?

i thought raine was just a front-end, or at least was mame based.........

• Advertisement

Nope - it a totally seperate Emu, It supported Chase HQ and football champ long before MAME did (I know cause I spent a lot of time looking for those games)

Chech it out here

yeah, i checked it out last night....still no luck. i reckon it must be an obscure jap import. i'm downloading the prequels to mystical ninja for the snes, just in case......

I found the bastard! It's called 'kiki kaikai' -so much for ninja's! i tried to attach it, but it's slightly too big! thanks for all the help. it's on mame- kikikai.zip

Advertisement