Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcatcher 3

Options
  • 11-03-2003 11:12am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What can I say but.... WOW.

One of the best pieces of NWN programming I have seen so far. The NPC interaction is great, the storyline is kept moving at a decent pace. The puzzles and traps are entertaining (I even got a driving license for a crate!). The visuals are kept to a minimum which really added to the atmosphere and the effect when something unexpected happened.

SPOILER:
    the worm was an excellent effect, just a pity it had a limited range and very little DR so it got massacred from range. A better idea would have been to give it a high piercing DR, forcing people to get in closer or try the wheel.

the end of level bad guy was tough, perhaps too tough for a single player, and definitely too tough for a mage/sorc

The dragons were a great idea and done really well ( he's a big fan of the ol' polymorphing ).

definitely worth playing :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Could not agree more Lolth... that was fantastic there!!!
    Cant read the spoiler here but if its to do with the Dragons then i know what it says,.. i was there :D

Great stuff... maybe we should post some screenshots of the Dragons?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

yeah was one of the best NWN games I've played.

Very well written and with some neat touches and a good sense of humor.
    Was never too hard as we only ever died once or twice and the dragons.....wow. Didn't realise you could control them till I seen the lads moving around.

Never did solve that quest with the boy who couldn't see though, even after Lolth's major think. <Me still thinks he went for a piss>

Wants on the menu for Wed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've backup the current character set used in the dream catcher series, and will return it when we ( and by we I mean u ) continue with chapter 4.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

thanks rev. I'll miss my fighter now that he got some decent armour (and can outsprint that annoying monk!)

if people aren't too pushed on the mini module series idea (see nwn 10-03-03 thread), how about:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1032863739426.shtml

seems impressive, 16+ hours gameplay, 01 to 10 level campaign. Storyline based adventure (as opposed to hack n slash) no hak pack that I can see.

so, new PCs for wednesday huh?

Me thinking of Monk/rogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I might return to a mage-class. Or maybe go cleric... or warrior... or whatever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Awww crap, damn pres, missed a good game. Hmmmm i should probly be studying now

Yes a new and very different char for me i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Light0r

Craaap :)
    looks like i missed out on a good owl 1 then :)
    Not playin allot l8ly - leaving cert an the like.
    Got Daoc tho - 1 month free and im thinking that i mghtnt get tbe subscription til summer due to LC :x
    anyway, some1 fill me in on all the changes - last time i played we were doing ... somthin after shadowlords - i was lvl ... 6.
    did u all start new characters ?
    - Light

wow, voice from the distant past. :)

new characters started on wednesday.

party consists of:

Valen (me) Monk 3, rogue 1 (gonna keep rogue up to 3rd level to get the 2d6 sneak :) ).

Nyla (?) (Battlingcheese) Bard 4th

Cerano (saruman) Cleric of war 4th

Hebril: (lomir) Cleric 1 Fighter 3,

Jess (flashbang) Wizard 4th

I'm pretty sure any new character will be levelled up to about 3rd or 4th and given a bit of cash to equip themselves :)

I'm lvl3, 1k xp to lvl4

we could use a dedicated rogue, I think. Or maybe a dedicated fighter/barbarian. Otherwise I think we got a pretty balanced party. I can't do too much right now, but at lvl5 I should be pretty useful (if I can rest whenever I want, that is :P).

I've read the manual and cheese as well as saru will be able to heal (saru will even be able to resurrect us when he reaches level 9). VEEEERY useful. I think we got a more balanced party this time.

Looking forward to monday :)

cya
    - Flash

• Advertisement

I think new characters should be levelled up to 3rd then (same level but less xp than the lowest level of the current players - way it usually works in PnP games).

As for cash, going by the amount of loot we have, we should use it to equip new pcs beyond the basics. (give new PCs 500gp per level beyond 1st - so a third level pc comes in with 100 + 500 + 500 = 1100, enough for non magical equipment.) Magical stuff can be begged borrowed or stolen from the party.

this stops a glut of items appearing and forces to group to act tactically (for example, I have a longsword +1 that I bought from my original share of loot. If a fighter comes in, obviously I'll be giving it to him as he has more use for it than me.).

Just a suggestion. Sound fair?

Ohh nice tasty pointy sticks. You better hope there's no rush monster hanging out in the server vault lolth ;)

actually, must look and see if rust monsters are in NWN... always fun to see the big armoured fighter legging it in stark terror.

:)

I'm more than willing to give my share of the cash and all my current cash and my ring of protection +1 to the new players. I also got a few small health potions and bought a few health kits I'm willing to share.

I think other players will give stuff too. Equipping the new guys will not be a problem, I think.

(Only thing you don't get is my ring of intelligence +1, I love that one :p)

cya
    - Flash

I think i have about 5k or so... selling brandy and silk was cool though i was overencumbered for a fair bit.

Im fine for armour and weapons for now. As for dedicated fighter.. maybe.. if someone new joins then great... otherwise... i seem to be ok in close quarters.. i still cant heal though... I picked battle cleric so maybe i dont get heal at the start. I certainly never picked it as a feat so next level i will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Light0r

:D me = doing Leavin Cert :D
    Mocks commin up soon n the like :/ that - and i've taken up DaoC too - but im not entirely ruling out NwN !
    I prolly wouldn't be able to make it to the various weekly meetings, but meerly onto the server now and again.
    I stopped when Diskworld of Anikmorph(oee ... spelling) was on for about 2 weeks... got sick :D
    anyway -- Daoc gives me a month free and then i hopefully wont be as addicted to pc/computer :D
    I've made some Bows (yes real bows) out of wood n the like... the fire at stuff ... and ... are bow like.
    Bow fetish ! ME THINKS NOT :P
    anyway, good to see the campaign is more sucessfull this time round !!

If people want other modules on for the love of god tell me. I'm not playing atm so I'm not reviewing them, these games are a service for u guys its up to u to speak up if u dont like something.

Advertisement