Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The need to add a poke!

Options
  • 10-03-2003 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Using the Action Reply or some other method.......

Eg I'm trying to map out Wizards Lair. But I need to make my main character invincibile:

So I got this:

Invincibility:
    Load or reset the game, then execute the following BASIC command before running or restarting the program.

POKE 32818,165

I got a wizards lair.t64 (its "cracked" version as far as I know) and loaded it and gave it a soft reboot and typed in the above but I thought I might need a SYS XXXX which isn't there. I also have Action Reply v7.5 (.crt catridge) but I'm not sure how to use this. Load the .crt first. Then the .t64 and acivate the Action reply somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated... hopefully with a new map! Anyone use the Action Reply lately or tried entering pokes some other way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

It's ok as just found the AR is pretty easy to use. Just if anyone else feels like a bit 'o pokin' to beat, that damn Cauldron say, here a sure fire way.

1. Load up WinVice.
    2. File -> Attach Cartridge Image -> Crt Image -> (point it to action_replay 6.crt or v7.5)
    3. The Action Replay menu shows up (note, if you reboot hard or soft, you will end up here)
    4. As suggested hit F3 to have a normal reset.
    5. Load your game. (normal reset as the cartridge menu appears again).
    6. Once the game is loaded: File -> Cartridge Freeze (ALT Z).
    7. From the menu, enter your pokes, take graphics etc....
    8. Back to the game.

Hey, I didn't know AR v.7.5 had a poke finder. :D

Advertisement