Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morpheus... a Hidden Masterpiece!

Options
  • 09-03-2003 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember Morpheus on the c64? I'm kicking myself! I really am! How did I miss this one? Grrr! The game is amazing even now. Ok graphically it's not going to blow you away but the idea is good.

A shoot 'em up that last months... ? :) Yes, 50 levels (with timeslices)... This game has me hooked. You take of ship and keep adding to it by hard earned credits. Head back to base for upgrades and modifications. Neat really. Andrew BrayBrook really added gray cells to the Shoot 'em up arena as it was then. He makes this clear in the manual.

Anyone like this game or what you thought of it? Apparently you couldn't save after level 40.... the last 10 levels were hard earned. I have only done 2 levels but.... pretty good so far. Handy that you can freeze save every level. Time so valuable these days......

Oh here's the old Zzap review I came across:
    http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap31/morpheus.html

So who remembers this game? I wanna know more! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Here's the manual I came across. Read the Author's Introduction. Hear Hear! He makes a good case of he tried to do from what a lot of Shoot 'em ups were good at the Arcade. ;)

Advertisement