Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom promising flat-rate already to win back customers - is this anti-competitive?

Options
  • 08-03-2003 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

I saw this post on F1Racing.net's "Non-F1 Forum" earlier on by an Irish forumer:

http://www.f1racing.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=006456

Now, I'm not sure about this (someone please do correct me if I'm wrong) but it looks to me like Eircom are trying to win back customers by promising them a flat-rate package before the other operators have a FRIACO package with them in place. Is this anti-competitive? I was under the impression that Eircom can't try and win back customers like this, i.e. all the other operators have to have a fair chance as well.

So, the question is, are Eircom using the promise of a flat-rate package in June to try and lure customers back to them in order to get the jump (unfairly?) ahead of the other operators? It certainly looks suspicious to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

THose people are like the sas of eircom. They will promise you anything to get you to come back to eircom. Example, ISDN sales person tried to convince me that ADSL wouldnt be available for another two years afew months back. Basically they can say whatever they want. in reality they can't offer the service without a wholesale product

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

According to the regulations Eircom may not offer for sale any new product for a period of 21 days after the regulator has passed it.
    About another 3 days before you can kiss goodbye to istarter (new DSL) in March then, although an announcement next week would not suprise me.
    Sales reps however may provide 'information' about what is with the regulator. They have to be careful though as they may not make any statement which may be construed as an sales offer. (this probably explains why the CSA's get so shirty when you push for more info on DSL/FRIACO - that or eircom s**tty attitude to anyone who knows a little more about the product than they do)

Advertisement