Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Residential DSL User Numbers

Options
  • 06-03-2003 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Guess what. An ESATBT CS Supervisor just quoted me an uptake rate of 20 - 30 Users in THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!!!

See this thread on Broadband Board

This 'Residential DSL product as Vapourware' surely is an IOFFL issue, no?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

we are well aware of this,
    in fairness they have hairdily gone nuts advertising ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

True, just a teeny box on the IOL homepage. Perhaps they're waiting until they've rolled out the first batch of exchange upgrade before advertising properly?

Maybe by 'uptake' she meant people who are actually ready to be installed, rather than those who had applied because I heard a much larger number when I applid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It is too expensive at 60 euros to be attractive to anyone but early adopters.

At the same time its specification of 256k at 50:1 and a 4 gig cap, means that these same potential users won't consider it.

In addition to the complete lack of advertising, it is no wonder the product has not sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

BTW, I was told that my exchange, Terenure, would not be enabled for residential DSL until the latter half of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

S'Funny Skeptic, I've been told that Terenure is currently rolled out for Residential Broadband. Wanna call 'em again and see if they are telling porkies??

By uptake numbers 20-30 is the number of people online on EsatBt Residential DSL right now. Maybe I should have a dinner party and invite them round. FFS!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

60 euro is to expensicve to ESATBTS thing

55 Euros is still to expensive for eircom

It aint falling out of trees folks

Considering its little more than 20 sterling in england, somebodys numbers are wrong somewhere

SHIN

Advertisement