Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misleading Advertising/Claims

Options
  • 06-03-2003 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any examples?

To get the ball rolling; From the ADSLNow! site

Is the Contention Ratio an important consideration?

This really depends on your usage and what the ratio is being provided. The likelihood of every one using maximum bandwidth all the time is very remote. Most people will be using only a fraction of their available bandwidth at a given time. However, the ADSLnow! chosen partner provides a contention ratio of 20:1, the best available in Ireland.

Mmm... really? 8:1 would be worse then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

20:1 is probably the best contention ration for a dsl service. But then again there are only 2 companies providing a dsl service so it quite easy to be the best with this. so as such it is probably not a misleading claim

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Product = Internet access
    The delivery method is irrelevant...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

no it's not, the sites called
    ADSLNow
    not
    internetAccessNow

so I don't think you could really say they're lieing.
    Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Alright, bending the truth then.

I wish they would say anything - all I get on their 'customer service' 1890 number is some blokes voicemail. Is this a one-horse outfit?

Advertisement