Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP32 Handheld Emulators

Options
  • 04-03-2003 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

www.gp32news.com

There's a Korean handheld platform called the Game Park 32 which has been getting alot of emulators written for it recently. The screen is about a 1/3rd bigger than a GBA. It isn't backlit but its better quality than a GBA so its pretty easy see it. It has a 100mhz processor cost £100 sterling and another £35 for a 128mb smartmedia card to keep all your ROMs on. It plays MP3's and DivX videos. Battery life is about 8 hours for 2 AA batteries.

Currently there are perfect emulators for PC Engine, Master System, C64. The NES and SNES emulators aren't full speed yet but they will be fine soon (no fancy filters or SuperFX games). Mega Drive emulation in in the works. Theres a GBA emulator but there' sno way that'll ever be full speed on a 100mhz processor.

I'm very excited at the prospect of playing lots of classic games on the move. The machine isn't perfect and takes time to set up and get working properly but its very flexible. You can bind the buttons so the 6button snes games would be playable for instance(like the GBA version of SF Alpha 3).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - it's been around a while. You can buy it from Lik-Sang. The Wonderswan is pretty cool also, and you can buy it from lik-sang also...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

<off topic>

Good God! That Lik-Sang site is exactly what I was looking for - an MP3 player, FM Radio and a digital camera add-on for the Gameboy advance. Where's the credit card.....

Anybody ordered from them or know what they are like?

</off topic>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I ordered my Flash Advance Linker (when the had them) and I got it in a few days - no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

they're pretty good
    I've orderd the Skillz USB Gamecube connection dreamcast games, dreamcast joypads, memory cards etc.

Advertisement