Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good SNES or MegaDrive games?

Options
  • 01-03-2003 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

I've recently gotten emulators for Sega Megadrive and SNES. Trouble is I never had these consoles when I was a kid so I've no idea which games to go for first. I'm wondering if you can reccomend any good games for these two? Don't worry I'm not asking for ROMs, just suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Thats quite the question, theres so many games and different ppl will like/hate different ones.
    Anyway:

Snes -
    Zelda
    Super probotector
    Super marioland
    Super mario kart
    Axelay (bugger hard tho)
    Batman returns
    Cybernator
    Donkey kong country
    Earthworm jim
    Final fight 1/2/3
    Flashback
    Hagane (also bugger hard)
    Killer instinct
    Megaman X/X2/X3
    Mortal kombat 1/2
    NBA jam
    Secret of mana
    Shadow run
    Space megaforce (super aleste)
    Starfox
    Street fighter (bad arcade conversion but great if you've not played it)
    Super ghouls and ghosts
    Super bomberman
    Super mario rpg
    Super metroid
    Super punch out
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles - turtles in time
    Tetris attack (variation on tetris, seriously addictive)

I can't find my genesis roms cd to select any of them, i'm sure someone else will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Also Chrono trigger - quality rpg, if u havent played it bugs i suggest u give it a go, it stands up even to todays standards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Give Terranigma a try. It's a SNES one. It is truly the greatest game I've ever played.

I have pretty much every snes rom released on disc, and have played all of them (some more than others) so i just took a quick look thru the CD to see what i thought might be worth downloading for jim there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Pilot Wings was a bit of crack and I always like the Super Starwars Games even if they were a bit frustrating at times.
    Others I liked
    -Samurai Showdown
    -Metal Marines
    -Super Mario RPG
    - Robocop Vs The Terminator
    -Errr...AdultManga1;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

They're all moderately good games.

None of them compare to Clock Tower on the SNES, the game doesn't look too hot but my God it's spooky and atmospheric.

Originally posted by Raskolnikov

None of them compare to Clock Tower on the SNES, the game doesn't look too hot but my God it's spooky and atmospheric.

See, considering it was only released in japan and the fact its in japanese, most ppl won't have played it :)
    For a moment there, i was questioning my english language roms set, but its ok, i'm not missing any [there there *pats romset*]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

http://donut.parodius.com/?func=trans&platform=snes&gamekey=269

ahh homebrew translations are good. now you can play clock tower.

there is also a playstation version which is actually clock tower 2 but since the original version never appeared in europe or the ststes they changed the name.

Advertisement