Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakes and Eircom

Options
  • 01-03-2003 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom called asking if I want a cordless phone...
    No I say, I want DSL, oh great they say it's now cheaper..call this 1800 503303 number.

I do and...
    DSL in my area OK
    Line Test OK
    and it will be €45 plus VAT

Great..when can I have it?

Answer: Don't Know, as it is with the regulator

If I order DSL now @ €109 will you allow me to change to the new product when it comes down in price??

Answer: Yes, but we don't know when it will be as it is with the regulator

Will there charges involved in switching from the €109 product to the new product?

Answer: Yes, but we don't know how much as it is with the regulator

Excuse me??

Answer: We don't know how much, as it is with the regulator.

But that is not a matter of regulatory compliance, it is just a service charge. (Later confirmed by ComReg)

Answer: Well, We don't know how much, as it is with the regulator.

You mean the charge to change from one DSL product to another has to be approved by ComReg?

Answer: Yes.

Ok, how much is the charge?

Answer: Well it hasn't been approved by the regulator.

I know, but how much have you suggested in the documents Eircom sent to ComReg as a service charge to change DSL lines?

Answer: Well, I can't tell you that as it is with the regulator

Head - Wall - Thud...

So you expect me to sign up for a service that you will not tell me the full Terms of Service, specifically the charges relating to changes of that service..isn't that like sticking my hand in a box that may or may not contain a snake to see if it will bite me..

Answer: ......Well, I can't tell you any more than that as it is with the regulator

It seems that Eircom CSA have been told to blame any delays, problems, unknowns etc on ComReg....

MadsL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Actually, they are right. It is with the regulator. Eircom have sent in a wholesale price for DSL that has yet to be approved by Comreg. Once it has, then shortly after that, the product can be sold. And Eircom cant do anything with any regard to selling the product or its T&C's yet because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

But the charge for switching from the €109 product to the €55 product has nothing to do with ComReg. Just don't sign a thing until the new offers are out in the open.

[Great sig btw, MadsL :)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 raindog

MADsl and I ain't gonna take it anymore ... BRILLIANT ... LOL

Advertisement