Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does it all mean

Options
  • 28-02-2003 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

what do all the abreviations and stuff mean? ....afaif, tbh... and the rest?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Some common ones would be:

afaik - As far as I know.
    afair - As far as I remember.
    iirc - If I remember correctly.
    btw - By the way.
    tbh - To be honest (this one might get you shot though, it is being terribly overused lately)
    imo - In my opinion.
    imho - in my honest/humble opinion.
    imnsho - in my not so humble opinion.

There are probably lists online, but my 10 seconds of searching on google didn't find one that I wanted to post. Have a dig around yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Yerwan

Thanks 4 dat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah when i first joined i didn't understand all of them either and i was given these to sitesAcronym Finder and Internet Acronyms Dictionary so that should be all of them that u need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

what do the stars under your avatar mean? and can you change what you're called, like cool newbie, newbie etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by commuterised
    what do the stars under your avatar mean? and can you change what you're called, like cool newbie, newbie etc...

The stars are nothing really. Users can get up to 3 stars (when you become a freak). Moderators have 4 stars, and admins have as many as they like, but usually 5.

You can't change your title, but a Supporter's pack add-on is soon to be released where you'll be allowed to change it, if you're subscribed.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

always been curious as to what "bump" means, does it just mean "I agree"or something?

Sometimes people just post 'bump' to bring the thread back up to the top. People who asked a question and didn't get an answer or who are trying to sell something are inclined to do this, and often leads to the moderator getting annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Thanks ecksor; seen it for years but never remembered to ask untill now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thanks also, i thought bump was coz sales fell through or something as i think i've only seen it on the sales board

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 noddman

whats the sory with the "money" below everyones name why are some people getting 5.67 a day and others getting 0.00 do you actually get money or what im getting very excited about posting stuff if you do

That's how many posts a certain user makes each day on average.

Advertisement