Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Unbundling Lines for ADSL

Options
  • 28-02-2003 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I applied for ADSL before xmas from Esat BT, through adslnow.ie . Eircom only got the application to unbundle my line for ADSL from Esat BT on the 30/01/03. It is a long story as to how come it took nearly 2 months for Eircom to receive the application.
    My question is today Eircom are 2 days over the 19 day period they have to unbundle the line.
    I want to know if any one else have had delays as my account mananger at Esat BT say they are having problems with a couple of lines with Eircom.
    I would be especially interested to find out how long it takes to get ADSL from Eircom or VIA if you apply for it.
    Also I was told that from next week Eircom will only have 17 working days to release the line, is this true?

Regards

Deu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

tell them you have suffered a loss because of it.

1. You must complain about ESAT ...they made a false delivery promise.
    2. Then ESAT will complain about Eircom (the real culprit)
    3. Comreg will 'investigate' slowly but will find in your favour about July ....your will have the service by then but no matter.
    4. Comreg will write a letter to you.

Then you can sue Eircom for material loss at around €30 a day for the inconvenience of using dial up + All your Internet calls since you ordered the line in December. The Comreg investigation is all your need.

Make sure you bring Eircom to the Small Claims in the arse end of nowhere, they won't show up and you should collect the wedge you asked for. It only costs €10 to file a case. If Eircom try to weasel out of it you simply call Etain Doyle the Comreg Chair as a witness.

You MUST get Comreg to investigate and find in your favour, this involves reading the Comreg complaints procedure on the website. Contact ESAT today and tell them to finish the job by close of business on Monday 03/03/03, escalat the compiant by cloise of business today .

ESAT will not manage to do so you can complain to Comreg about ESAT on the 04/03/03. ESAT will counterclaim against Eircom and the regulator will point the finger at the real culprit in time.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 JamworkS

I ordered with Esat about the end of August and got it by the End of October.

I called and called .. and they said that it all was in Eircom's hands for ages.

That's about it.

REgards,

JamworkS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by Muck
    tell them you have suffered a loss because of it.

1. You must complain about ESAT ...they made a false delivery promise.
    2. Then ESAT will complain about Eircom (the real culprit)
    3. Comreg will 'investigate' slowly but will find in your favour about July ....your will have the service by then but no matter.
    4. Comreg will write a letter to you.

Is there any other industry so slow and screwed up?

You don't have to complain to the aviation reg to get a ticket on Ryanair or even Aer Lingus.

When you throw a switch the ESB gives you the power you need - even if 500,000 houses have also thrown their switches at the same time after a popular TV program ends.

Drop a letter into the postbox and it generally gets there next day.

Order DSL, and you might as well embark on a round the world trip - on foot. Chances are nothing will have happened when you get back two years later!

zz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 raindog

Originally posted by zz03
    Is there any other industry so slow and screwed up?

zz..

That is where the problem lies. Until recently Eircom owned the whole shebang. They were and still are a large bumbling company who inherited a strangling burecracy which means anything they do happens at a snails pace, and because they inherited the mindset of a monopoly they don't understand what competition is. Aer Lingus although only the only State airline still had to compete with all the international airlines so that they were in fact quite a good little outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by raindog
    That is where the problem lies. Until recently Eircom owned the whole shebang. They were and still are a large bumbling company who inherited a strangling burecracy which means anything they do happens at a snails pace, and because they inherited the mindset of a monopoly they don't understand what competition is.

But the ESB and An Post are monopolies too!

Their service shines compared with eircom.

zz..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

An Post are monopolies too! Their service shines compared with eircom.

Wahoo!! Not where I am they dont. If anyone is worse than Eircon it's them boyos. Unbelieveablly bad service where I live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Revoque

Wahoo!! Not where I am they dont. If anyone is worse than Eircon it's them boyos. Unbelieveablly bad service where I live.

Same here, who would buy a share option in Aer Lingus,ESB,An Post or Bus Eireann for that matter ??
    I rest my case!

Advertisement