Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We say farewell

Options
  • 27-02-2003 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

rat_poison.jpg

We bid you farewell and thank you for your support.
    Have a look at our final update.

–Peter and Hazel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

respect !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Eh, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I think what dahamsta meant was...

WHY??!!

Well, if you must go.. congrats on having a brilliant site and doing a lot to raise awareness of the Rat. And thanks, made me laugh with every update :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

I 2nd what everyone else is saying WHY??
    Whats going on?

OHP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Peter

Thank you both for the thought provoking, entertaining and very very incisive site. You have done an excellent job and as you know it made an impact not just with your fans here but with the very people who most need to listen.

You have a very special gift when it comes to communicating and I hope you continue to make use it.

With very best wishes.

j

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I think De Rebel summed up what I'm thinking.

Sorry to see you go Peter but while you've been updating eircomtribunal you've managed to entertain us all as well as making the necessary points in a firm and informed way.

Unfortunately I can foresee a collective sigh of relief in Eircomland tomorrow when the middle management browse for their daily IOFFL dose.

Thanks for all your input (and output)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Sorry to see ya go, site was full of good info but was always interesting to read and good for a laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

is the site coming down or just not being updated?
    could you put the site into a zip file for downloading, i for one
    would like to have a copy for posterity.
    all involved in the site have done a great service for ireland
    unlike the shower of self serving **** that run this country.
    well done and good luck in your future endevours.

wormhole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Well done Peter and Hazel , you kicked ass. EircomTribunal made a very cler point and got the attention it deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Dear Peter & Hazel,

You didn't need me telling you various politicians had been sending on your postcards to each other, how could they have resisted it!

Your monumental work with eircomtribunal has been effective in getting the attention of those who really can make a difference and highlighting those who are compounding the problem.

I do hope that the site will remain up even in a frozen state. It's been a terrificly important ally in the campaign, and one whose witty commentary I will miss. I'll never forget rolling around the floor in front of my computer last Christmas listening to the almost haunting Fidgety Phil!

All the best and thank you,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Sorry to see you go Peter & Hazel, you have made splendid contributions to "the cause" and I'll miss the great humour of your site.

http://www.eircomtribunal.com/bertienocchio.html = "Back of the net!!!!!!"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But the battle is not yet won. If Fianna Fail deliver 5mbps domestic bb connections by 2007 I will overcome my gag reflex
    & disgust instincts and vote for them! Somehow I dont see it happening

btw love the picture of the dummies on http://www.eircomtribunal.com/2003award2.html
    very appropriate :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

Its a such pity to see you go,
    we hope you will retain your involvement with IOFFL throught this forum ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I'm sure if you are looking for help or support with it a few people will volunteer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

We'll miss ya :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm sure if you are looking for help or support with it a few people will volunteer.

Absolutely. If not, you'll be missed ET.

adam

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What!? NOOOOOOOO

WHY???!!

If its fear of libel action then we can host it on Boards... they are more afraid to hassle us...
    If its bandwidth we have tons of it here...

I still sing Figgety Phil to myself for a laugh sometimes :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Sorry to see you guys going :( Ye added considerably to the cause and did it well. Eircom Tribunal shall most definitely be missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

Thanks for raising so much awareness with your site.
    You'll be sorely missed.
    Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Hannibal_12

I can't believe it. You were responsible for the single greatest website I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.
    The witty and cutting edge criticism of our slovenly bunch of hypocrites in office and behind the doors at €ircom was insightful and much needed.

I particularly liked the way you integrated old paintings,history and literature (and even music) with our current e-famine while still keeping it relevant and maintaining its impact, as has been said you truly do have a talent for effective communication.

I sincerely wish you would reconsider but can only assume that you have good reason to do so, nevertheless I will miss your updates and wish you all the best in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Your site will be missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

twas very good website

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Jesus no!

Youll be badly missed folks. Please consider Dev's offer, the importance of the existance of ET cant be underestimated.

and it makes me piss myself:)

GG Eircomtribunal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

fs, nooo!
    like dusty said,if its a problem that can be solved with boardsie hosting, take up dev's offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

please please stay around - even just for your tearup of the ODTR/Comreg's quarterly review!

Nothing is better - most folks don't (and won't) read such a thing. We need places like ET where all the deceit and coverups are shown for what they are and we can read a real 'review' !

24_7_capped.gif

hilarious :)

Colm

[edit: can you post the url for that little pic you used have at the top of Bertie with the 'Eircom Feed'? Couldn't find it now on the site]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What can I say - I hop errorcom
    don't feel they've just got one over on us all... :(

The son of ET is surely waiting to be born.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

I still say Why? You can see by everyone’s responses that ye will be sorely missed and also that if there is a problem, there are many people that can and will help in any way they can. Still :(
    Sorry to see ye go.

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

And so, after six months (a record in this State for a tribunal), Eircom Tribunal reaches its conclusions:

The charge of incompetence and gullibility on the side of the state: guilty
    The charge of lack of vision and the greediness of the de facto monopoly EIRCOM: guilty
    The charge of ineffective regulation: guilty

If ET's deliberations have concluded so be it. In the time of the hearings much has changed, thanks in no small part to its raising of awareness of the half-truths and incompetence of people who should have known better. The ET site is testimony to that. We all know the effort that was put in, free of charge (other tribunals take note), and the toll this can take.

There will always be a place for supplementary enquiries, ET II if necessary. However, if ET is to be wound up I can only hope it isn't the last we've heard from Peter and Hazel. There are many more fat cats and beurocrats out there deserving of your particular genius.

- What do you know of this Weigl chap, Phil? Phil!?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

A Sad loss and also very confusing PLEASE PLEASE tell us whats happened as many have said if you need help........

All the very best in whatever your doing next :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Brilliant site - will be sorely missed :(

Advertisement