Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp Alert in Mayo

Options
  • 26-02-2003 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Dermot Ahern incoming on the 28/02 to pimp some fibre....unlit and unused fibre as usual.

The good news is that he will leave town on the same day. There is no way to actually get a service from the fibre but that never stopped Dermot form pimping before did it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭iwb

Where in Mayo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

thats either

where will the pimp be executed (probably in a Hotel)
    where will the pimped item be located

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭iwb

Sorry Muck. I was in a hurry. Both I guess, if you know both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

unlit and unused fibre as usual
    How do you know that when it has yet to be constructed?
    There is no way to actually get a service from the fibre
    Have you seen the network design??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Yo! The Gills

The fact that it is yet to be constructed allows me to infer

a) It IS unlit and unused
    b) That will not stop Dermot Ahern from pimping it.
    c) I am sure the Network design is absolutely fabulous, do OM me with it.

Yo! IWB

Ring the Mayo News Newsdesk. They'll tell ya which Hotel. Why do I think the Downhill is candidate #1 ?
    I think the (unlit/unused/yet to be constructed) fibre that is to be shamelessly pimped is the Ballina segment of the Fibre Rings project that Mary O'Rourke launced last year . Remind yourself Here. Much pimping will occur going forward...it seems.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Muck on the ball as usual:
    The first broadband network in the State was uveiled today in Co Mayo. The project will cost a total of €3.75 million by the time it is complete in July.

The Mayo rollout is part of the €65 million project in 19 towns nationwide, 90 per cent of which is funded by the Government.

Nationally, towns from Co Donegal to Co Cork, will be connected to the backbone broadband network running through the State.

Once the national rollout is completed next year, it will provide cheap always-on access to the Internet.

Speaking at the launch in Mayo, Minister for Communications, Mr Dermot Ahern, said the network would ensure that plans for expansion and development of the area could press ahead.

The new Metropolitan Area Network will provide more than 60 drop points to premises in Ballina, and a further 15 in the Kiltimagh area.

© 2003 ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭DC

Yeah the network design is fantastic, but the technology ain't going to be there to light it up for about 12 months or so. This ain't like yer average esat or eircom leased line.

Advertisement