Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adsl.ie

Options
  • 25-02-2003 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

How the hell did Eircom get adsl.ie ? This is just plain ****ed up.adsl is generic and shouldn't be allowed to be registered as a .ie domain.Those ****ing assholes at http://www.domainregistry.ie/ are some ****s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Does it matter? Who else is going to register it?? Like you said its generec so short of the government setting up an ADSL info site telling you about all the adsl providers in the country (small site i reckon) it was bound to be bought by one of the adsl providers.. Eircom are muppets but at least they bought a recognisable domain name so its using their brains for once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

You can get generic .ie domains for a good bit now.

Anyway - http://www.iewatch.org

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

Pity the useless spanners can't be bothered to keep their adsl.ie site up to date.

Hasn't been updated since Nov 27, 2002!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Ardmore

Originally posted by Damian
    Pity the useless spanners can't be bothered to keep their adsl.ie site up to date.

Hasn't been updated since Nov 27, 2002!

It doesn't need to be updated, because nothing has changed. i-Stream is still the only ADSL product that eircom is allowed to sell. They skated close to illegality with their announcement of a new ADSL offering, and would definitely step over the line if they started to sell it in adsl.ie (and they don't want to discourage anyone from buying i-Stream before any new product becomes available).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

True,

but they could at lease undate the site with their press release about their plans for halfing their ADSL prices in march, pending regulatory approval.

The site should also hava an updated list of enabled exchanges with a timetable for future rollout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Ardmore

Originally posted by Damian
    but they could at lease undate the site with their press release about their plans for halfing their ADSL prices in march, pending regulatory approval.
    They aren't planning to halve their ADSL prices - they are planning to introduce a new ADSL product, with higher contention ratios. It is likely that i-Stream will continue, and will be sold as a business service.

And because the new product is still pending approval, it would be counter productive to tout it to people who might be prepared to pay €107 instead, but who might put their decision off if they see information about a newer priced product. Even if Eircom allow people to switch from i-Stream to whatever the new product will be called, they still want them to start paying now, not in 3 months time.
    The site should also hava an updated list of enabled exchanges with a timetable for future rollout.
    Eircom just don't work that way. It's all part of the monopoly mindset that they still haven't shed.

Advertisement