Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Eircom Biddies to screw in a light bulb?

Options
  • 24-02-2003 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

How many Eircom biddies does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I don't know the answer...perhaps someone in better form can enlighten me!

On Friday the 21st i called Eircom adsl (1800 512 128)

Q-(Me). Can you tell me when the Balbriggan exchange will be upgraded for ADSL?

A-(Biddie#1). Ill check that now for you.

Ten minutes fly by

Sorry for keeping you. Your exchange should be upgraded between April / June

Q-(Me). Your sure about that?

A-(Bidde#1). Yea its on our list.

(Me). Thanks very much.

Today Monday the 24th

Q-(Me). Can you tell me when the Balbriggan exchange will be upgraded for ADSL?

A-(Biddie#2). Hold on and ill check

5 minutes listening to Eircom ads (crap)...time seems to go very slowly (but my reliable phone assures me i only waited for 5 minutes

1...............2.............................3.....4...........................5

Sorry about that. The Balbriggan exchange isnt due for upgrade until late summer / August. Im sorry i cant be more precise.

(Me). Okay thanks for your help

Tune in tomorrow for Biddie #3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

My answer is simple. Don't care.

In the objective sense.

I just don't ring them anymore. It saves you a lot of hair in the end. There is only one thing that the vast majority of biddies want to help you with and that is to get you off the line so you can stop bugging them. After they have a cup of tea at your patience's expense.

I only ring them for very simple issues like paying bills etc. Although having said that it did take me 4 days to pay a bill last time. "I'm sorry we don't accept credit card." Like ... anyway. Then I was told I couldn't use someone elses laser card to pay the bill - which was of course, waffle. Do they want the money or not ... I have difficulty parting with it anyways.

Most of the info you can find out yourself by various means. And there are numbers you can dial apart from 1901 to get info. Although these are gaurded jealously from the ordinary consumers.

I don't know which one you can ring for reasons stated above.

End of rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Did you ask the biddies what year? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

1800 numbers are fairly Biddy free. Biddies await you in killer ambush formation if you ring 1901 .

Ring 1800501501 or 1800501502 for the Business customer version of 1901, they are far more pleasant and have nicer hold music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Keywords to attract Muck - Biddies and Eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

they are the worst trained most ignorant excuse for customer service that has ever existed, especially the press 2 for repairs class of Biddy .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I concur entirely.

Pathetic excuse for a service.

My having worked on a helpdesk or 2 years only helps me see how bad they really are. To add insult to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by Muck
    1800 numbers are fairly Biddy free. Biddies await you in killer ambush formation if you ring 1901 .

Ring 1800501501 or 1800501502 for the Business customer version of 1901, they are far more pleasant and have nicer hold music.

I called the business line and got speaking to our Eircom Account Manager. She told me that there are 10 new exchanges going live in Dublin in the next 4 weeks...she couldn't tell me which ones... :(

I must stop teasing myself...broadband is merely a dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I have no dealing with Eircom whatsoever, but I'd be shocked and appalled if their Customer Service personnel were as rude, incompetent and conniving as those employed by Chorus. Has anyone here had the misfortune to draw comparison between the two?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

As Muck said, by far the worst biddies are the ones on repairs via 1901. They're arrogant, rude, and quite often blatant liars. The department is probably outsourced to Chorus. (Seriously, Chorus' telephone manner has improved by leaps and bounds in the past six months or so. The service is still awful, but at least they're polite about it! But the service is still awful. Did I mention how awful the service is? Awful.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye i rang them a few times to find out stuff

last time i rang was to get it installed in work they said that my area was not in coverage . my reply was funny the building nxt to this one has a 512k adsl line

they dont know anything at all i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭muchos_bongo

These Biddies are generally union heads that have had their job since P&T. Jobs for life, so why should they give a **** about customer service. They can't get fired...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by muchos_bongo
    These Biddies are generally union heads that have had their job since P&T. Jobs for life, so why should they give a **** about customer service. They can't get fired...

Yea, its like the Iarnrod Eireann guys who "work" on the tracks. Have you ever seen any of these guys...do anything?...anything at all?

I remember recently just missing a train from Connolly station. 3 orange jackets did 5 minutes work out of an hour...and that was only when their fat supervisor came around the corner...I thought it was hilarious...but it annoys me to think how many civil servants / eircom / irish rail workers get away with doing absolutely f**k all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by Praetorian
    ...but it annoys me to think how many civil servants / eircom / irish rail workers get away with doing absolutely f**k all.

its a privilege to be allowed to pay for it

Advertisement