Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway gets €9million internet broadband

Options
  • 24-02-2003 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

thanks for the wealth of info :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I'm not a subscriber to ireland.com and i'm sure it's against the user agreement to post news articles from ireland.com on web boards. Go figure. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

like as in a key snippet or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I know what paraphrasing is. But since i'm not a subscriber (said this before) all i was allowed to see was what i named this topic, in the breaking news section of ireland.com. My point of posting was that maybe someone here knew something about it. Who knows... Enn.ie might put something on their site later.

Well ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Just to clarify. This project will not automatically result in Galway getting broadband internet access. This project is one of the 19 MAN's and merely consists of 45km of carrier-neutral infrastructure (duct, sub-duct and dark fibre). Once this is built it is hoped that OLO's will use it for back-haul to deliver these internet services. The MAN's don't address the last-mile or wireless issues and they only only provide backhaul between the DSL exchanges.

Unless an OLO rolls out a PON or extends the DSL reach then the joe soap living in No.69 O'Riordan St. won't be getting his cheap internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

saw it posted on ireland.com at 12.39

Me too! Subscribe for the news my bum. I end up going to www.bbc.com for the news.
    four-times more expensive for a Galway business than a Dublin one

Is that really true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Originally posted by Praetorian
    Me too! Subscribe for the news my bum. I end up going to www.bbc.com for the news.

http://Eircom.net allows you to view many parts of Ireland.com & Unison (Independant) without having to subscribe, incase you're wondering where I got the article..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Cheers Dave C. Yea I sometimes check eircom.net...but they seem to be very slow at putting new articles up on their site.

Ireland.com usually have the headlines straight away...but thats all you get.

http://www.rte.ie/news/ hmm well no comment

I visit www.cnn.com www.bbc.com and www.news.com Every day. Would be lost without them :)

L8rz

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Don't you just love the way the Fibre Rings project gets launched every week?

• Advertisement

2 out of 19 are now launched.

One (Cork) is allegedly carrying data.

17 more to be pimped by the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Don't you just love the way the Fibre Rings project gets launched every week?
    That just the timig my son as all of the projects are being run in parallel.

Mayo this Friday, Limerick 31st March.

Advertisement