Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mRIC

• 24-02-2003 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Does Carlow IT have its own irc channel, cos we should one set up. As far as i know its not that hard. Or is there any point??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

irc.quakenet.org
    we can create a channel there, or we can just talk in #boards.ie

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

i think u should have a channel. well we could give it a shot for a while and see if it works,,,,

right so
    server
    irc.quakenet.org

channel #carlowit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

is there a point since we can get it going from the college?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

For those who don't know... mIRC supports HTTP proxies, and works just fine through the it carlow proxy. In mIRC options, set it to use a http proxy: proxy.itcarlow.ie port 8080 with no authentication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Damn it! i hate being a dumbass!

my last point was suposed to say "can't" but never mind since Steven showed me up ;)

If anyone knows how to configure Http tunnel please come to Compsoc tomorrow plz

it ain't difficult to sort out, just mess about with it

As I said, you don't need HTTP tunnel for IRC, just use mirc's built in http proxy support.

its not for mirc, there are other programs. bloody nerds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

you dont even need proxy.itcarlow.ie
    "proxy" will work on it's own. handy incase you have to type proxy.itcarlow.ie 10 times a day.

indeed
    it's a real pity that putty on my g: drive won't save my ****ing settings, it's a **** having to type in the addy every time I want to ssh out.

Putty seems to like to save its settings in the root of the C drive. The little bitch.

thats exactly what i was thinking when i posted that about "proxy", putty the little b*tch

Originally posted by stevenk
    handy incase you have to type proxy.itcarlow.ie 10 times a day.
    Something which u know nothing about I'd bet

wouldn have a clue...

I can just picture u looking up into the sky and whistleing away inocently ... especially since ur sitting beside my u sarcky fecker ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

the chan is still running ppl

indeed

see the "carlow it chat room" thread for info on how to get there in the college

Advertisement