Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Not Guaranteed!!!

Options
  • 22-02-2003 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Right,

Rang eircoms technical support the other day cuz I had enough of dialing up to their **** connection. would get connected but it keptdropping or cutting off after a few minutes. Got through to a right bitch on the other end. I figured there was something wrong with the socket on my end. Explained the situation and here's what da <b>Beaaatch</b> said to me

"We don't guarantee internet connections , it's onlyan analogue line. And no we will not send out anybody to check out your socket"

Well I ****in lost it with her
    " You mean to ****in tell me that you're an ISP and you don't guarantee the connection!!!"
    Her response = "YES"

I hung up. kicked the phone off the wall , got in me tracker, went up da fields and ****ed me sheep. da beaaaatch.
    da end.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

ask this again in Net/Comms, better advice there.

you are guaranteed stable connections at 2400

see comreg site on complaints mechanisms but your story is always that you ONLY tried at 2400 and were dropped

always get the Eir com Biddys full name and find out where her office is, they can be anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by tommyb1
    Right,

Rang eircoms technical support the other day cuz I had enough of dialing up to their **** connection. would get connected but it keptdropping or cutting off after a few minutes. Got through to a right bitch on the other end.
    Who did you ring-Eircomnet or the 1901 number?
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Right,

Rang eircoms technical support the other day cuz I had enough of dialing up to their **** connection. would get connected but it keptdropping or cutting off after a few minutes.

Were you this civil with the person you were talking to on the phone too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭skrobe

asking silly Question but wtf are with eircom for? you have a choice of 2 cheaper and more comsumer friendly companies. Its the only way their gonna change . Maybe tell them your gonna change your phone/internet to a company that will guarantee the legal 2400 connection and see what they say(as many of me friends have done)
    j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Right,

Rang eircoms technical support the other day cuz I had enough of dialing up to their **** connection. would get connected but it keptdropping or cutting off after a few minutes. Got through to a right bitch on the other end. I figured there was something wrong with the socket on my end. Explained the situation and here's what da <b>Beaaatch</b> said to me

"We don't guarantee internet connections , it's onlyan analogue line. And no we will not send out anybody to check out your socket"

Well I ****in lost it with her
    " You mean to ****in tell me that you're an ISP and you don't guarantee the connection!!!"
    Her response = "YES"

I hung up. kicked the phone off the wall , got in me tracker, went up da fields and ****ed me sheep. da beaaaatch.
    da end.
    Maybe its just me but if a customer approached me with that sort of attitude and mannerism I would tell him to stay with his sheep as it seems that’s the only thing that seems to satisfy him. ( No offence ment )

OHP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭aliesneo

OHP,
    in my opinion,the whole point of Technical support is to help ppl that have problems or questions with the service.
    They are trained to deal with people and their manners.
    I would have spoke the exact same way probably :)

Originally posted by aliesneo
    OHP,
    in my opinion,the whole point of Technical support is to help ppl that have problems or questions with the service.
    They are trained to deal with people and their manners.
    I would have spoke the exact same way probably :)

It's no excuse for being rude/ignorant with someone, I take it you've never worked in the service industry then?

yes i have, i have worked on technical support before. (didnt do it too long,got sick of it) :) but anyways i was trained to help ppl whatever there manner.

Then you should know that being abusive isn't going to exactly endear the person on the other end of the phone to your plight.

oh yes thats defo true, but u still have to try and help them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

oh yes thats defo true, but u still have to try and help them.

NOT if they're being abusive. No one has the right to curse and threaten people over their internet connection. They have every right to hang up on you if you get abusive and don't heed a warning.

did u ever work on tech support etho?
    if you were to hang up on everyone that gets pissed....wudnt
    be very good industrial relations.
    maybe it depends on the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It was tommyb1 that hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

did u ever work on tech support etho?
    maybe it depends on the company.
    There is a difference between being annoyed and being personally abusive to the person on the other end of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

but in this case my sympathy lies with the sheep.............

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Most companies have extremely precise rules about when a CS agent is allowed hang up. Abuse (including abusive language) and threats are two solid grounds, after a warning is issued (like eth0 said). Merely being annoyed and vocalising this isn't a situation where an operator will usually hang up the phone (they're certainly not sanctioned to do this). People get annoyed, it's one of the reasons CS staff exist. Abusing the guy at the other end is not acceptable.

Now given that this thread is largely going no-where, I'll assume no-one will cry too much if I lock it (before the main topic becomes animal cruelty).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement